George Pell Saga - Coverage Discussion

Dear God.

…and that was an edited version. The original (of which screencaps can still be found on Twitter) will make your stomach churn.

News Corp, Sky News, Macquarie Radio: You MUST sack Andrew Bolt RIGHT NOW!

2 Likes

Mike Amor presenting Seven Afternoon News Melbourne from the County Court.

Jacquline Felgate back at HSV7 for the rest of the days news.

4 Likes

This morning’s coverage from Seven

23:05 for the 12pm news with Ann Sanders

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Religion

10 News First Melbourne

1 Like

The first bit of his column this afternoon:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/andrew-bolt/andrew-bolt-why-pell-has-been-falsely-convicted/news-story/60da7b90f8035ca52c748d6c59fb730a

Jesuit Catholic priest Frank Brennan has written similarly in questioning the conviction, though Brennan is fair more considered in his writing and also accepts that Pell may well lose his appeal and Brennan would accept that. As a Jesuit, Brennan has never been a Roman Catholic yes man.

It was all over Twitter and on non-mainstream news sites. Ex-broadcaster Michael Smith wrote that because he was overseas at the time the suppression order didn’t apply to himself.

2 Likes

10 News First Adelaide

10 News First Sydney

3 Likes

Seven News Sydney.

2 Likes

Nine News Melbourne

2 Likes

Nine News Sydney

1 Like

Just wondering if ‘Burn In Hell’ should be in quotation marks here…seems like a strong stand alone statement unless they are quoting someone.

5 Likes

I agree.

Although it’s not the first time that Ten Sydney have made graphics for major stories which are arguably too editorial, I seem to recall “Rot In Hell” being used for one several years ago.

1 Like

Someone yelled it as he left court today.

I don’t understand. Bolt should be sacked but Pell shouldn’t burn in hell?? Or maybe it’s the other way around. I’m confused.

Breaking news ticker across the bottom on the ABC main channel today.

Which is why it should have quotation marks.

Seems like quotation marks would have been better.

1 Like