George Pell Saga - Coverage Discussion

something new on the news.

4 Likes

Wonder how much coverage the High Court’s decision will get? If we were in a ‘normal’ news cycle, reckon there would be extensive coverage next Tuesday morning similar to what the Supreme Court appeal got last August. However, I’m not quite sure how much it’ll get with the Coronavirus dominating headlines.

Just to be clear, the High Court will reveal whether it will let Pell’s appeal to proceed to the next stage.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/new-allegations-of-child-sexual-abuse-by-pell-emerge-20200402-p54gbs.html

1 Like

Are people still allowed inside the courts to watch?

1 Like

Would have been a big day for george pell if ABC had aired tonights episode of Revelation in its normal slot on Tuesday.

It would have been hilarious if he was acquitted in the morning but then arrested on new charges after the allegations in the documentary.

2 Likes

My understand is this decision next week is not on whether he will be acquitted but rather if he would be able given leave to appeal to the bench.

1 Like

From chief justice Andrew Bolt.

1 Like

This tweet from Nine Melbourne court Eliza Rugg reporter might help…

Screenshot_20200402-170836~2

2 Likes

This article also explains the possible outcomes.

1 Like

After the St.Kevin’s thing, he really is making a name for himself as the go to person for pedophile sympathising.

1 Like

Does this decision - which ever way it goes - knock CoronaVirus off being the top story on tv news next Tuesday?

1 Like

Mike Amor hosting Seven’s coverage of the High Court decision

2 Likes

2 Likes

Only 10 with the news

Reported that he has be acquitted of charges. Waiting for official announcement. Unanimous decision reported.

Seven and Nine now with same report

3 Likes

It will be interesting to read the seven judgments (or a single judgment if it is indeed unanimous) when they are handed down.

2 Likes

Huge decision and big moment for the legal system. For the High Court to just quash the convictions and not send back to the Victorian appeal. Clearly issues with the current Victorian legal system. My thoughts are with those alleged victims because this isn’t to say they weren’t telling the truth and they shouldn’t have been put through all of this in the first place.

8 Likes

He will always be tarnished with the accusations and that’s the main thing. Still an awful person in my opinion.

6 Likes

Studio 10 welcomed SA and WA live

6 Likes

He will always be tarnished. And if he is innocent then that is the saddest thing about this. But again thoughts are with the alleged victims. But seems like the Victorian legal system got a lot of things wrong throughout this whole thing.

1 Like

What time did the channel 7 coverage begin?

High court judges found 7-0 in his favour.

There’s something very wrong with Victoria’s legal system.

3 Likes