George Pell Saga - Coverage Discussion

ABC Radio Melbourne will also broadcast the proceedings

1 Like

Quite the backflip given they were the only network not to air the initial trial.

3 Likes

No one covered the trial live. Do you mean the sentencing?

1 Like

Nine, now promoting 9:25 am start! No doubt you can see the decision “First on Nine” :slight_smile:

According to TV Tonight:

Studio 10′ s Sarah Harris will broadcast Live from outside the court on 10 -screening Live in all markets.

https://twitter.com/emma_os/status/1163924631562018816?s=21

2 Likes

4 Likes

I hope Studio 10 eases up on paid promotions when the court commences…

2 Likes

9am news

Later

3 Likes

Court feed suffering buffering problems (all networks).

Appeal dismissed - majority decision.

Feed has gone off air.

3 Likes

I wonder why they didn’t allow a media cameras in. The County Court allowed an ABC camera to provide a feed to other media.

2 Likes

10 really should’ve switched to their new hybrid Studio 10 / 10 News First graphics IMO.

6 Likes

How does Bolt, John Howard and Tony Abbott defend Pell now?
Will sky news be editorializing in favor of Pell tonight?

Bolt isn’t backing down:

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t think you can defend Pell now. I think it was fair to allow the right to a fair trial and the right to an appeal proccess without passing judgment but the fact a majority saw the correct decision means defending Pell is only defending sexual assualt.

Although, I don’t think Howard or Abbott ever ‘defended’ Pell… Abbott just said he was allowed the right to a fair trial and an appeal. Howard was a reference and acknowledged that the offending seemed out of character. I don’t/didn’t have a problem with that.

As I have said previously I was unsure about the media coverage of this trial and thought the jury might have been misled by the media and that Pell didn’t have the right to a fair trial. However, having the right to that appeal to me suggests that he is guilty unless proven otherwise.

4 Likes

It is impossible to argue the jury could’ve been swayed by media coverage given the media was gagged about the case almost as soon as he was charged.

3 Likes

They weren’t before they were gagged. And there was still access to the coverage overseas so not entirely true. But in anycase it was found that the jury could reasonably come to that decision so its pointless arguing it. I’ve always been worried about the medias involvement in cases. There is an agenda to a lot of media corporations and its something I don’t trust.

10 News First Promo for tonight: