General TV History

This one must be very Sydney-centric.

14%20pm

1 Like

How do you do?

Did I get that right? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

They have an arrangement with Sony.

Nine also had ‘Nine At The Movies’ for a few years in the early/mid-2010s.

WIN at one point in the 2000s had ‘Letterman Moment’ which I presume was just a selected segment from The Late Show.

2 Likes

Also, GEM Presents and GO! Surround Sound.

A interesting note is that there haven’t been any new “Nine Presents” segments produced since cicra 2015…

1 Like

Video Hits on Ten…

Cartoon fillers were the best. Nine with Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies and Seven with Tom and Jerry.

I remember when Passions was on Seven at 3pm they had to run Tom and Jerry to fill the time to 4pm as some episodes of Passions only ran for 50 minutes.

2 Likes

And in 1989, in the first year of aggregation. I recall Prime Canberra and Wollongong ran local news at 5:45, preceded by Wheel Of Fortune at 5:15, and I think they ran cartoons from 5-5:15 as filler?

1 Like

Seven used to (or probably still does) use segments from NBC Today to fill in any awkward few minutes after its midday movie.

1 Like

Found via WIN’s YT channel from late 2011-early 2012, which is shamefully still up! A watermarked “Who’s Who Of News” promo, with its description stating WIN were going to celebrate their 50th on-air year (at least in Wollongong!). Wouldn’t matter if WIN were planning on doing a version of NBN’s “50 Years” idents…

Every time I’ve seen Nine/GEM presents it’s always been an extended commercial for an album.

4 Likes

Interesting they’ve probably forgotten to take it down because WIN have a different YT channel they use these days.

1 Like

Full Late News bulletins

Nightline - 24/11/2000:

Seven Late News - 5/2/2002:
7 Likes

What a great newsreader Jim Waley was. First class diction.

But I can understand why he didn’t translate at 6pm. But was fantastic for Nightline and Sunday.

3 Likes

Tony became Hitch’s fill in from 2010 onwards.

2 Likes

Are you referring to those “NBC Today” fillers?

There’s also the “Behind the Scenes” filler which is just an interview from NBC Today.

1 Like

Logo timeline for TCN9 Sydney.

1 Like

A few of WIN’s 2004-2005 idents, specifically the longer ones.

Caps belong to @AAT

1 Like

That daytime signpost will always be horrendous.
Not the only really bad, non-standard WIN signpost out there (the early-morning crawford classics one is also just as bad, if not worse from a few years later on).

1 Like

WIN television id music was similar to the Nine ID except win tv modified their beginning of the music and their promo.
I still prefer the Nine’s version over the WIN.
By the way the sep 2002- jan 2006 presentation was the best that’s i have seen. I preferred the sep2002-aug 2004 package as it was much smoother than the other one

1 Like

Channel Seven Perth content from 1997, 1998 and 2005

Seven Nightly News Updates with Rick Ardon (16/4/1997):

Perth’s Home With Seven Ident:

Closed Captioning TVC (December 1998):

Seven News Perth Opener (3/7/2005):
4 Likes