General TV History

Another Ten promo DVD, this time promoting 2006 shows.

‘New in 06’ was a good slogan being used for Channel 10 back in these days. This was being promoted during the non-ratings period. Their new shows: The biggest loser, Australia’s brainiest, Bondi rescue, came

1 Like

I have still got that dvd somewhere

Adelaide used that theme from 2004-2008 where Melbourne used it from 2001-2008.

1 Like

Saw this on the socials

According to old mate’s website, Boris’ Breakfast Club came out of BTQ7.

4 Likes

On this day in 5 years ago… Nine introduced a half graphics update. Really Doesn’t seem like 5 years ago… Still probably IMO the best package they’ve had.

3 Likes

Remember the failed Hey Hey revival from 2010? Here’s a promo based on the timeslot (after Nine’s former favourite show, Two and a Half Men):

Hopefully it taught Daryl that lightning doesn’t strike twice.

1 Like

Two new uploads, and first time uploading onto archive.org:

Channel Nine - Special Presentation Opener 11/4/2004:

Channel Nine Perth - Thurday/Aqua Lineup + Ident 29/7/2004:
6 Likes

Ken Sparkes and Tim Elliot did the voiceovers back in the days. Sadly, they have died during this decade. Channel Nine was never the same without these two stalwarts Sparkes and Elliot.

Personally disagree. One of my least favourites.
I hated the mismash between the 3D and 2D graphics.

1 Like

Dodgy, yes. Arial , no.

2 Likes

Sorry for the illusion shatter, but Get the Channel 9 Feeling in the 70s?
I think TV Times was earlier in the UK.

Is that right? Interesting.

I’ve never seen anything about that.

To be honest it doesn’t really seem very ITV or BBC. Maybe it was used by just one of the ITV companies?

Do you have any more details?

The promo was for TV Times, a TV mag that carried program guides for ITV broadcasters. (Radio Times was sort of the competitor as it carried program guides for BBC TV).

1 Like

Ah ok, so it was something like “Get the TV Times feeling”?

Not TV of course, well not exactly, but still clearly the concept wasn’t original

STW9 in Perth had the similar slogan “Get the Feeling!”.

1 Like

Sorry for the double post, but i saw these in a ADS7/10 montage on YouTube.

51%20pm

59%20pm

1 Like

It was DOA when some moron decided to schedule it on Wednesdays instead of Saturday. Then they move it to Saturday after the horse has bolted.

4 Likes

No matter what Daryl think, I think it was pretty fitting to have the final episode of Hey Hey it’s Saturday on the same day that Bendigo st was have the final live show ever