General TV History

Well, a quick Google search brought these up:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us tonight as the thread will solve mysteries about “Mining Television Network” on “Unsolved Mysteries”

#myfriends @TelevisionAU @TV.Cynic @WAtvVideos

2 Likes

Ummmm…

2 Likes

No thanks…

1 Like

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

From Facebook.

1 Like

If the AU TV network have many timeshift feeds by region (like U.S., e.g. if the program is shown live at 6AM ET (NSW/VIC/TAS/QLD/ACT), the timeshift feed will delay the program to 6AM “PT” (WA)), are there any screnario, that:

If the event are required to broadcast live “coast-to-coast”, when the popup on TV said that any program (e.g. 60 Minutes) is next after that live event, as because when the live event end after “plan time” for that program after live event (e.g. 60 Minutes at 7PM, but the live event is extended after that point) in NSW/VIC/TAS/QLD/ACT (subject to daylight saving), but in WA the time that live event end is before 7PM, is there the chance that there will be a popup saying like that, #myfriend ???:

“60 Minutes is next on Nine, except in WA”

No, not normally. Each network uses separate presentation control for each state they cover, so in your example the super would simply not show the incorrect program outside of the AEST states.

During sport programming you will sometimes see messages for interstate viewers to change channels for continuing coverage, which would be irrelevant for some viewers. So there’s that.

1 Like

Don’t forget that in many cases pre-multichannels WA often didn’t get live programming at all, just a message on the bottom of the screen that said PERTH - DELAYED TELECAST

1 Like

Who remembers the Bigpond News channel? I liked there music channel as well!

Wasn’t that just Sky News with a Bigpond watermark over it, or was that just in the later years?

Basically yeah

Hey #myfriend (@TelevisionAU), before they will reply me, I want to ask you the question that I asked to them.

Oh that poor social media intern.

26 Likes

You’ll have to wait for their response because i don’t know

I just physically cringed

2 Likes

It’s a race against the clock! Will @TelevisionAU get the glory, or will he spill his guts? Find out all this and more, on this smouldering heap we once called the TV History thread.

16 Likes

That’s the #tvhistory thread (do hashtags even serve any purpose on this thread?)

1 Like

#justice4TVHistory

They do now.

3 Likes