General TV History

Did CTC-7 change their logo between 1975 and 1978?

Who can verify this, my friends…??? (@TelevisionAU said that ABCTV went 24/7 in 1993)

I think Lloyd is mistaken.

Here is a program listing for the Northern Territory in 1993 showing ABC on air 24 hours: Monday 16 August 1993 — NORTHERN TERRITORY – Television.AU
and http://televisionau.com/classic-tv-guides/tv031093-2

and in 2002: http://televisionau.com/classic-tv-guides/tv250202

2 Likes

@TelevisionAU, I wonder…:

1. Barbara McCarthy is on ABC News NT or QLD, my friend???
  2. Another video on ytb had someone said that ABC began 24/7 from 2000 in NSW/VIC…
  3. Why NT, unlike other state (which already use the NETWORK [CALLSIGN] to name that channel/station after digital launch), still use the “traditional naming” when DTV started, my friemd…???
  1. Northern Territory. She is now Malarndirri McCarthy and a politician. She has also worked at SBS and NITV
  2. They are wrong
  3. Not sure I understand the question. But NT (like a lot of regional areas) did not get digital as early as the major capital cities did
1 Like

You answered right at the question 3, my friend!!!
Look at these early 2000s TV Guide, my friend…

Oh I might have slipped up! But Darwin most likely still did not have DTV at that time.

1 Like

SO when Darwin launch DTV, my friend???

I don’t know my friend :open_mouth:

1 Like

I was under the impression that the roll-out of Digital TV in regional Australia started around 2004, with some larger areas (like Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong and Hobart) getting it a little earlier but still behind the metropolitan markets.

1 Like

11 Likes

What the heck ???

Ten’s 11:30am News - Weather and Closer (with 40 seconds of clean music)

8 Likes

btw I am just reminded that today marks the 10th anniversary of Ten Darwin

ddt-logo

6 Likes

Happy 10th birthday Ten Darwin.

1 Like

I wonder if, who can tell everyone in this thread, that:
THE EVOLUTION OF NATIONALISATION AND DECREASE OF LOCALISM WITHIN ABCTV.
Please, my friends, this is what I asking for MONTHS!!!

no need to shout my friend :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I genuinely had no idea that the topic of the evolution of nationalisation and decrease of localism within the Australian national broadcaster would be so fascinating to Vietnamese teenagers until I came upon this thread.

4 Likes

Okok…
I mean:
Decrease of local opt-out whithin ABCTV over the years, my friend…

Wait… YOU KNOW I’M VIETNAMESE???