General TV History

Ten’s execution of this bulletin was just flawless.

3 Likes

Technically there is nothing stopping Prime, SCA, etc., maintaining local branding but it is obviously cheaper to just mimic the parent metropolitan network. Programming-wise affiliation with a metro network is the most effective way to source content. If they were to rely on independent programming (as WIN has threatened to do in the past) it would be a challenge particularly in having to comply with relevant content requirements (e.g. Australian content, Australian drama, etc) and being able to actually source content that isn’t already nailed down.

3 Likes

Back in the days, they used to have the AO (Adults Only) classification. I don’t know when the AO classification was abolished before changing it to MA15+ and AV15+.

1 Like

September 1993

4 Likes

Some great footage of TEN10’s old North Ryde studios in this clip. https://youtu.be/R01EoMXrt7M

3 Likes

Some VHS captures (videos coming soon)

12 Likes

Here is a 7.30 report story on digital television from 2006

3 Likes

I missed Ian Ross who has been a wonderful asset to the Nine Network for many years. He has been a significant contributor to Seven since the start of 2003 And working all the way to 2009. This man was a revered man who worked so hard in the news industry.

3 Likes

Ian Ross joined Seven News Sydney in December 2003. Was still on Nine as recently as the 2002-03 Summer non-ratings period if I’m not mistaken.

But yeah, RIP Roscoe - hard to believe it’ll be five years since he passed away in April next year! :cry:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Zampa kiddo you teased us with the Ten Eyewitness pics from (my favourite) that era! Pleeease post the vids :wink:

How would you like then used

such as maybe 7 then ATN Sydney underneath, 7 then BTQ Brisbane underneath, 9 then TCN Sydney underneath and 9 then QTQ Brisbane underneath etc?

Some more VHS captures

8 Likes

A plug for 2 more of my under-watched vids.

The Price of Peace 1991 - and the curious case of Sandra Sully (maybe her hair?) looking older 27 years ago than she does now :wink:

…and a really, really nice opening title sequence for the time.

And a very LOUD Ron Wilson and Eyewitness weekend:

7 Likes

It was mind blowing how long those goofy looking weather graphics that Ten used lasted for (over 10 years IIRC).

1 Like

I do miss these windy with shower graphics. I still enjoyed the Gill Sans MT graphics during the weather segment.

Ten Eyewitness News Simply the Best News

2 Likes

Modernised versions of them (in HD too thank you very muchly) would be magical!

That’s Life! Promo:

1 Like

Which is usually a good thing.
Except when they replace it with other “reality” rubbish.

2 Likes