General TV History

Star Search in TVQ O’s line up

1 Like

I[quote=“theduytv, post:3467, topic:137, full:true”]
Any opt - out until become VICTV?
[/quote]

Until Aggregation, GMV had opt outs for local news at 6:00, and The Morning Show at 11:30.
BTV’s morning show hosted by Jenny Tudor, later Fred Fargher, GMV’s hosted by Jan Dean and later I think Tony Lynas. There were occasional break aways for sporting events etc.

Not quite on topic about the Mining Television Networks set up in WA & NT, but below is an excerpt from watvhistory.com telling of a very early (1969) TV service into a WA Mining town that may be of interest.

“In a rare display of joint co-operation between STW9 and TVW7, a local ‘wired’ television service was provided to the townspeople of Mount Goldsworthy. The content was provided on videotape by both stations for viewing throughout the company town. This was done at the request of the iron-ore mining company who paid for the infrastructure. It was the first example of ‘cable’ television in Australia.”

2 Likes

Similar style schedules to what we have now, repeating episodes of shows later that day or the following week (actually it looks like they did it in reverse). I gather it took 2 to 3 day for the tapes to arrive RE: 60 Minutes airing at 12:50pm and 8:25pm Thursday

Another clock from SES 8 that I have from 1993

2 Likes

Another example of the “own presentation” here, on ABRQ3, my friends…

2 Likes

@TelevisionAU
If the ABRQ3 news was fed to ABMQ4 (see the first slide, my friend), how about ABTQ3, my friend???

I don’t know, my friend :slight_smile:

ABTQ3 was probably fed / relayed to ABNQ9 in Cairns. There was also ABIQ6 Mount Isa, but I don’t know how that was set up.

2 Likes

Nat presenting GWN

from @WAtvVideos

4 Likes

Who know the SES8 clock over the years, and when the station stop using the clock, my friends???
@TelevisionAU @ElCapitanCranky @Bronson @…

DO you want what i’m talking here, my friends…???

1 Like

Where did you dig these up? Some interesting logos there.

1 Like

I will tell you where I find this later, my friend. Until that, just know that I dig these from the familliar ABC archive web site and @TelevisionAU, my friend.
I put these logo on MediaSpy because I need someone to explain about the similarity between ABC TV stations logo throughout Australia until around 1 to 2 years after the original “curve” logo began used, my friends…

Who have been live in the “Remote Commercial Television Service” area during early - mid 80d, my firends…???

the Remote Commercial Television Services (RCTS) were satellite services which became possible when the AUSSAT satellite launched in 1985.

GWN was the RCTS in Western Australia, Imparja Television in Northern Territory and South Australia, and QSTV in Queensland.

The south eastern states did not get an RCTS service but later Imparja extended into those states for areas where regular TV did not reach.

2 Likes

Did CTC-7 change their logo between 1975 and 1978?

Who can verify this, my friends…??? (@TelevisionAU said that ABCTV went 24/7 in 1993)

I think Lloyd is mistaken.

Here is a program listing for the Northern Territory in 1993 showing ABC on air 24 hours: Monday 16 August 1993 — NORTHERN TERRITORY – Television.AU
and http://televisionau.com/classic-tv-guides/tv031093-2

and in 2002: http://televisionau.com/classic-tv-guides/tv250202

2 Likes

@TelevisionAU, I wonder…:

1. Barbara McCarthy is on ABC News NT or QLD, my friend???
  2. Another video on ytb had someone said that ABC began 24/7 from 2000 in NSW/VIC…
  3. Why NT, unlike other state (which already use the NETWORK [CALLSIGN] to name that channel/station after digital launch), still use the “traditional naming” when DTV started, my friemd…???
  1. Northern Territory. She is now Malarndirri McCarthy and a politician. She has also worked at SBS and NITV
  2. They are wrong
  3. Not sure I understand the question. But NT (like a lot of regional areas) did not get digital as early as the major capital cities did
1 Like