General TV History

Okay, but I get Luke on weekends.

6 Likes

Does anyone remember this show?

2 Likes

Is that some sort of rip-off of Hard Copy?

Surely some of you remember this classic? (the opening theme composed by Chris Neal alone should be enough to trigger memories!) :wink:

4 Likes

When did Nine stop doing cricket highlights?

Just posted a TV listing to:

I’ve since scanned the front cover of that week’s Listener In-TV (click to enlarge) featuring Denise Drysdale promoting GTV9’s Yooralla telethon, plus news of a cancer scare for Number 96 star Pat McDonald… and Penthouse Club’s Mary Hardy talks about the two times she dropped 4-letter words live on the show. (this was a year before Graham Kennedy’s infamous ‘crow call’ got him banned from appearing on live TV)

Mary’s first faux pas saw her cop a one-week suspension from TV from the Broadcasting Control Board. The second one threatened to see her banned from TV altogether but she had such huge support from her fans that the Board backed off.

Sophie :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LmvnsGnqJQ

We need someone to upload Tziporah’s stint on What’s Up Doc?

1 Like

[quote=“Sifon, post:1367, topic:137, full:true”]
Sophie :slight_smile:

We need someone to upload Tziporah’s stint on What’s Up Doc?
[/quote]Oh dear. :joy:

Yes! Unfortunately I have no such recording of Tziporah on that show (at least I haven’t come across any yet! :wink:).

2 Likes

Johnson of course moved on to bigger things - being Media Spy’s resident oft-surprised episode recapper and retail correspondent.

Alfred however… that story came to a tragic end :sleepy:.

12 Likes

I still love the “Whee…whee…whee!” part on the opener. :laughing:

[quote=“Bort, post:1369, topic:137, full:true”]Alfred however… that story came to a tragic end :sleepy:.
[/quote]I wonder what has become of his old banana skin blanket? :sob:

1 Like

An interview with former Seven National News newsreader Roger Climpson on Hope 103.2, from 2011. The interviewer is former Seven news journalist Leigh Hatcher.
https://downloads.hopemedia.com.au/oh/oh_rogerclimpson_2011-06-26.mp3

4 Likes

Can anyone remember “Spellbinder” from 1995? I can remember watching it on NBN. This was a favourite show of mine back in the day.

5 Likes

Good show - where are they now?

1 Like

Great show for a children’s show.

2 Likes

That national mutual intro lasted for years!

4 Likes

Was that just production music they used for the intro?

What happened to Holly Brisley? Haven’t seen her on TV for a very long time.

she appeared on Studio 10 back in September for the 60 years of TV special episode but I don’t think they made any mention of what she’s up to now.

The intro continued on for a quite a bit when AXA bought National Mutual.

Holly’s last major role on TV was in Home and Away wasn’t it?

Safe to say her TV career is well and truly over. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: