General News Events - Coverage Discussion

I see Lizzy has overlooked me yet again. Maybe next year.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/troybramston/status/1137901149934063616?s=21 Hear, Hear.

1 Like

Did he realise his former boss at The Australian (Campbell Reid) had also been honoured?

Though Keating is happy to accept Honorary Doctorates.

2 Likes

Forgot these couple:

Mr Michael Robert BEATTY
The Gap QLD 4061
For service to animal welfare.
Former reporter with ABC, 7, 9 and 10 networks - now RSPCA Media Advisor.

Ms Petrina ZAPHIR
Gold Coast Qld 4220
For service to the community of the Gold Coast
Nine Gold Coast News reporter and producer.

5 Likes

Thanks - added to list. Petrina featured on tonight’s 9 GC news.

Not much in the way of NSW State Budget coverage on ABC News at 12pm - just a live cross to Nour Haydar in Martin Place with the Channel Seven ticker partially in view:

Sadly, both Seven & Nine seemed to have more extensive coverage (although I missed out on seeing this live)!

2 Likes

Hard to be more comprehensive at that hour - the lock-up ended at noon.

1 Like

Better coverage of the State Budget on ABC News NSW at 7pm:

While I’m at it, some screencaps of Nine’s coverage:

1 Like

1 Like

ABC’s coverage on the NT’s 7PM news was a bit misleading. They kept on saying it in a way that means it hit directly in Darwin, but it hit in the middle of the ocean in Indonesia.

Darwin didn’t feel the full 7.2 magnitude, it was just a bit of trauma.

1 Like

If the epicentre of today’s 7.2 magnitude earthquake really was Darwin, surely there would’ve been significant damage and sadly, possibly even major injuries or deaths (which thankfully did not happen today, as far as I’m aware)?

But aside from that observation, I personally wonder how Nine News Darwin covered the story tonight. The quake happened just before midday local time, so surely that would’ve been long enough before 6pm for the QTQ-based regional newsroom to think about the possibility of having live coverage in Darwin or having their local windows presented live (yes, I know Darwin doesn’t actually see live Nine News at 6pm anymore due to the 30 minute time difference)?

2 Likes

There was a package right before the news windows.

1 Like

Coverage of the launch today of the unmanned Indian mission to the Moon.

Faruk Orman is set to become the first to be released from jail because of the Lawyer X scandal.

Victoria’s Court of Appeal has quashed Mr Orman’s conviction and ordered he be immediately released because of a “substantial miscarriage of justice” caused by his double-agent lawyer Nicola Gobbo.

Justice Chris Maxwell: “Gobbo’s conduct was a fundamental breach… she subverted Mr Orman’s right to a fair trial and the very foundations of a criminal trial.”

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Developing Stabbing Incident in Sydney

5 posts were split to a new topic: Developing Stabbing Incident in Sydney

Both Seven and Nine in Perth will have live coverage of the state funeral for Graham ‘Polly’ Farmer on Monday morning.

Seven - Graham ‘Polly’ Farmer State Funeral 10:30am-12:30pm

Live telecast of today’s state funeral for WA football legend Graham “Polly” Farmer, from Optus Stadium in Perth.

Nine News Special -

Join the team for the State Memorial Service for Graham ‘Polly’ Farmer, WA Footy legend, live from Optus Stadium, Perth.

8 Likes

Trump impeachment inquiry:

Nothing on ether Skys…

3 Likes