Notre Dame Fire

2 Likes

Now over 100 dead.

1 Like

10 News First tonight:

ABC

Nothing on 7News yet about it.

ABC News channel.

A shame it’s not receiving rolling coverage like Christchurch last month.

1 Like

Screenshot of Hiru TV Sri Lanka live on YouTube.

Newsfirst Sri Lanka.

Harder to access content from that part of the world, no correspondents or regular working relationships to tap into.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Video Nine News Sydney:

Seven News Sydney:

1 Like

NZ had rolling coverage for days

1 Like

No it didn’t.

2 Likes

In the case of Christchurch, surely most (if not all) Australian networks would’ve had affiliations with either TVNZ or MediaWorks they were able to utilise?

While the Christchurch attacks definitely dominated the news bulletins in Australia for days and there may have also been extended coverage, I don’t remember there being major interruptions to regular programming on our networks. Perhaps things may have been different on New Zealand TV though.

4 Likes

Exactly, and previous working relationships. Newhub’s Aussie corespondent works out of the Seven office and TVNZ’s out of Nine Sydney. Both networks are familiar with each other.

This will be similar to the Thai story in that networks if they want reports will need to rely on foreign correspondents in the region for the likes of BBC, or send their own people up.

Also, while Sri Lanka is now a popular tourist country, Australia has much closer ties to New Zealand so of course coverage would be deeper.

5 Likes

There were multiple massacres in West Africa in March with hundreds dead but there has been very little coverage in mainstream media around the world.

I applaud The Project for giving this story prominent coverage.

https://twitter.com/theprojecttv/status/1119890747052953600?s=19

3 Likes

Do we expect any of our networks to send crews over?

This news event should get prominent coverage. Well done to the Project

1 Like

Various international news channel caps