General News Events - Coverage Discussion

Where did the random post come from that it was 4.5?

Perhaps it’s not the reporters decision, the producer probably tells them where to go?

1 Like

I’m not sure where that specific number came from, but its not uncommon for the Magnitude to be restated sometime after the event (after the data has been reviewed by seismologists)

2 Likes

Yep, it was officially listed as 4.7 right afterward, including an official alert I received on my phone.
Then downgraded to 3.8

3 Likes

The fire that keeps giving - how much news content out of this fire so far? “Breaking News” again today.

1 Like

As I can’t post in the King’s Coronation thread anymore, here’s a multiview of Dutch channels and their coverage (or lack thereof) (I think…):

The promo from 10 for coverage Thursday of Ben Roberts-Smith defamation verdict at 2:15pm. I wonder if 7 and 9 will also cover it.

3 Likes

Tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, my mistake

1 Like

I’d expect every media outlet worth their salt to cover it.

And considering Chris Reason covered the court case on 7 (and even got a shout-out from Nick McKenzie in a tweet last year for his coverage) I’ll place my $14 Kmart wine glasses on the table* and wager he’ll be the one to cover the decision.

*Even if I’m wrong, I’m not giving up my wine glasses. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Will be on Nine

3 Likes

Is that online though and not broadcast TV?

2 Likes

There’ll at least be an extended news “alert” when the verdict is announced, similar to the interest rate announcements I reckon.

1 Like

It is only on 9Now

According to this tweet you can also watch on You Tube

Seven will cover the judgement

02:00 - 04:00 pm AEST main channel - live all markets

Seven News covers the outcome of Ben Roberts-Smith’s case against three newspapers over Afghanistan allegations.

Update:

1 Like

Coverage is live on Seven, 10 and ABC News

Seven coverage from 2pm - claiming “in a few minutes”

Ann reading out a long explanation, stressing “this is not a criminal trial”.

YouTube

3 Likes

A big win for journalism today.

Since the judgment has been give, Hugh Riminton broke into the broadcast to say:

“A total destruction of the reputation of Ben Roberts-Smith”

"All of Ben Robert Smith’s proceedings have been dismissed.

"Shocking - the media respondents have established the truth

10’s coverage has finished.

The court is discussing how much of the reasons for the judgement are being discussed plus costs and time for appeal.

Seven now doing a recap. Coverage finished at 2:50 pm

“A fundamental a complete win. Every action brought has been … entirely unsuccessful”.

“Established that BRS committed murder on several occasions”.

How’d 10 handle this in Perth?

1 Like

A better question: how did Kerry Stokes handle it?

12 Likes

SMH

2 Likes

Was he on an angle the whole time?

1 Like