Games

Carefully re-read Johnson’s post.

As for why the UK players are on the front of the game in all other regions other than Australia, it’s highly likely because Cricket is almost solely a commonwealth sport and the game will get negligible sales accordingly outside of Australia and the UK.

1 Like

I was able to try Xbox Cloud Gaming on my Xbox One. Not bad! The lag was noticeable so some games which require precision might be ruined by it. I did get some frame tearing but that might be down to my FTTN NBN connection. Maybe once new data centres in Australia open the lag will become minimal.

This is the new cover for the Australian release featuring Pat Cummins and Meg Lanning. The game’s release date has also been delayed to December 2.

One of the commentators on the video game, Alison Mitchell, told ABC Grandstand this afternoon that she recorded more than 4000 lines during a single recording session in a London studio earlier this year. Mitchell, who arrived in Australia a week ago to prepare for Seven and ABC Radio’s coverage of the Ashes, also said that after Paine’s recent resignation, she received a phone call from Cricket 22’s producers that she would have to return to the studio to record new lines.

1 Like

just picked up mine and there is no reversible cover, which is a shame. i’ll be able to play tonight

Halo Infinite = :open_mouth::heart_eyes:

31 posts were split to a new topic: Wordle

Microsoft is acquiring Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and Crash Bandicoot publisher Activision Blizzard for almost $70B.

This is 10x larger than the Microsoft acquisition of Zenimax Media last year. Which at that point was Microsoft’s largest gaming acquisition and more than 2.5x the size of their Linkedin acquisition in 2016.

Just to show the significance of this price tag, Disney acquired 21CF for $70B and AT&T acquired Time Warner for $85B

This is a video game company!

3 Likes

I’m waiting for Microsoft to acquire a Japanese company. It’s inevitable now. My bets are Sega, but who knows!

The rumours surrounding the Sega acquisition have been going on for about a year now.

The issue that Microsoft may have with the Japanese market (aside from the fact that the Xbox has never pulled more than a market share in the single digits) is that unlike the west, they are not as big on the subscription model that Microsoft is clearly wanting to push long term. Physical media is still king over there when it comes to console gaming.

1 Like

I’m surprised these deals dont attract more regulatory attention - surely there is a concern that a deal like this can lock a decent amount of content (including some big franchises) to Xbox/Windows gaming only

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the US Department of Justice steps in. Zenimax was one thing, but Activision Blizzard?! I can see the Activision side being split up into its subsidiary studios, with Blizzard being kept intact.

I think they’ll get away with it - the majority of those in congress are geriatrics and still think of video games as for children.

1 Like

A lack of understanding probably helps Microsoft because it means the deal doesnt attract attention, but I would have thought the sheer size of the deal might raise a few eyebrows

Will be interesting to see if the ACCC or the EU have something to say about it - they’re a little more on the ball

1 Like

Microsoft has had a troubled past with studios, until Phil Spencer took the lead.
The only issue I see is if they choose an ill fitted successor when he decides to step down.

Anyone here giving Nerdle a go? Basically a numbers version of Wordle.

nerdlegame 20 2/6

:purple_square::purple_square::black_large_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

Hmm, gave it a go. Sodoku aside, I prefer word puzzles

nerdlegame 20 5/6

:purple_square::black_large_square::purple_square::purple_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like
2 Likes

There was an interview with Tim and Wren on ABC News’ 7pm bulletin tonight.

Reuters reported on Tuesday that it was told by sources that EA made a “significant offer” to FIFA for an eight-year exclusivity period across all of FIFA’s gaming and esports rights, but soccer’s governing body was unwilling to lock up all of its gaming and efootball rights with just one publisher.

1 Like