Game of Thrones

:sob: :disappointed: time to change my avatar!

I’m conflicted. The ending made sense and brought the story full circle. I just felt like there was a GRRM signature twist missing. I liked it but my expectations were higher given the build up and anticipation leading into the season.

2 Likes

I was disappointed as well. For a final it lacked the excitement and imagination that have characterised the series. I didn’t buy into a number of the plot resolutions; they seemed at odds with the rest of the series. However, there were some very memorable scenes though with the dragon wings behind Daenerys a stand out.

And this time plastic water bottles in shot several times.

1 Like

Yes, I feel like these last two episodes probably needed to be four episodes, with the main characters given a chance to explain what motivated to behave the way they did.

I feel it missed just one twist. Whether it was Dany killing a Stark or just a glimpse of blue eyes and a white walker emergence at the end. I just feel we had something missing. I did like the ending. I thought it was nice the Starks are in controlling each part of the map. I wasn’t a massive fan of Bran. But I could handle it.

1 Like

I just felt like the ending was all over the place.

It’s like they couldn’t decide who should ultimately be the king to rule them all. I would have preferred Bran be the king with Sansa there as the back up so she or her family would continue the line since Brand can’t father children. Arya fulfilling her adventurous dreams was great and Tyrion as the King’s hand was good. I understand that he was offside with the Unsullied because he killed their Queen but I felt dissatisfied with Jon seemingly banished. He deserved better for being ultimately good, not as King but in some sort of advising role in the royal court.

2 Likes

Record viewership for final…

Last night, the final episode was watched by a record 19.3 million viewers across HBO’s platforms (linear, HBO GO and HBO NOW), exceeding the previous series high of 18.4 million viewers from last week.

IMDB episode rating is just 4.5 - ouch.

2 Likes

Not surprise though.

Meh. Mehhhhhhhhh.

1 Like

The 13.6 million audience for the first screening on HBO is also a series high in the US.

Game of Thrones series finale shatters records for Foxtel

The final episode of season eight of Game of Thrones made ratings history yesterday as a massive audience in Australia joined the rest of the world to watch the series finale in a global television simulcast, which brought to a close the most watched TV drama of all time.

The final episode, dubbed ‘ The Iron Throne ’, streamed exclusively on Foxtel Now and aired on FOX SHOWCASE yesterday, marking the conclusion of an incredible eight season Game of Thrones journey that has captivated audiences around the world for nearly a decade.

The final episode delivered an overnight linear audience across all airings of 1.076 million viewers, the largest overnight audience in subscription TV history. This also marks an increase of 21 percent on the season seven finale in 2017 and a 6 percent increase on the previous record holder, season 8 episode 3, ‘ The Long Night’ , which held the record of 1.011 million. Foxtel expects the finale episode to continue breaking records once the consolidated data becomes available. The Game of Thrones season 8 audience has been the most engaged ever, with the show pulling in a cumulative linear average audience of 1.413 million viewers per episode across episodes 1-4.

Game of Thrones ’ series finale also brought a total premiere day audience of 471,000 viewers who streamed it live or On Demand across Foxtel Now and Foxtel GO. The On Demand VPM of 432,000 is the largest single day On Demand VPM rating in Australian TV history.

Game of Thrones: The Last Watch

A Two-Hour Feature Documentary Chronicling the Making of the Final Season

Monday 27 May at 11.00am and 8.30pm AEST

FOX SHOWCASE

On Monday, May 27, HBO documentary film Game of Thrones: The Last Watch will stream in Australia exclusively on Foxtel Now and screen on FOX SHOWCASE, from 11.00am AEST with a primetime encore at 8.30pm AEST.

The feature-length special and HBO’s gift to GoT fans worldwide delves deep into the mud and blood, to reveal the tears and triumphs involved in the challenge of bringing the fantasy world of Westeros to life in the very real studios, fields and carparks of Northern Ireland.

For a year, acclaimed British filmmaker Jeanie Finlay was embedded on the set of Game of Thrones , chronicling the creation of season eight, the hit show’s most ambitious and complicated season.

Made with unprecedented access, Game of Thrones: The Last Watch is an up-close and personal report from the trenches of production, following the crew and the cast as they contend with extreme weather, punishing deadlines and an ever-excited fandom hungry for spoilers. Much more than a making of documentary, this is a funny, heartbreaking story, told with wit and intimacy, about the bittersweet pleasures of what it means to create a world – and then have to say goodbye to it.

Jeanie Finlay’s previous credits include the documentaries Seahorse, Orion: The Man Who Would Be King , Pantomime , The Great Hip Hop Hoax , Sound It Out and Goth Cruise . Game of Thrones: The Last Watch is her eighth feature film.

Game of Thrones: The Last Watch is a Glimmer Films production for HBO; director, Jeanie Finlay; executive producers, David Benioff. D.B. Weiss, Bernadette Caulfield; producers, Jeanie Finlay, Rachel Hooper, Martin Mahon; editor, Alice Powell; filmed by Jeanie Finlay, Mark Bushnell, Louise Liddy, Aaron Black, Richard Jephcote; composer, Hannah Peel.

i absolutely loved this episode im sad its ended :cry: i did spoil it for my self esp when i read that bran got chosen to become king , at first i was blinded sided but now iam glad i did watch it because i was at peace to see bran becoming king, i was excited to watch it but now i seen it im sad as :frowning: iam glad sansa become queen of the north , i knew she would never become queen of the realm and iam sorry @JBar but im glad jon snow got to go back to the nightwatch , it was where he belonged and i think was at peace with

GoT author on TV series ending:

More plot holes than Swiss cheese.

The writing was terrible and the greediness of the show runners to hurry their work to work on Star Wars really showed.

Are we meant to just accept bran didn’t want to be warden of the north then wants to be the king?

Are we meant to also accept the northerners, who wanted a Stark as the king of the seven kingdoms, not want to be under Bran’s rule, and rather stay independent.

The whole death was so stupid and the whole pacing of that was so bad. It not being addressed later about the whereabouts is pretty shit itself, like Drogon is flying east and then what? To get Dany resurrected? we don’t know because there’s no care from the show runners to tie it up.

1 Like

The final episode of Game of Thrones had a 18-49 rating of 5.8, the highest demo rating in the show’s history.