Gambling advertising

2 Likes

Hopefully they do extend the ban to stadium names. Otherwise it won’t have much impact.

2 Likes

Panthers and Sharks will be the worst hit because corporate bookies have the naming rights to their home grounds.

1 Like

Yeah and? Also there’s no suggestion they’ll ban stadium sponsors in the new laws, probably just the limit on shirt fronts and ads/hour on TV/radio.

An insight into SEN’s gambling support taglines: (behind them on the pink paper)

They are the standard taglines

1 Like

Indeed. $13000. Gosh i hope they can handle that sort of hit. One ad placed during the 6.00 news would probably pay it off :thinking:

3 Likes

Yep I’m aware, was just an observation.

1 Like
1 Like

The two companies featured are Pari Match and 1xBat.

1 Like

What does Foxtel practically do here? They don’t control the broadcast or the advertising shown at the ground

1 Like

It is superimposed though isn’t it?

The Pari Match advertising was superimposed behind the keeper, so there is probably something they can work out there. The 1xBat advertising was on the digital ad boards though, so I’m not sure what they are supposed to do to not show it.

It’s baked in the feed that’s provided to Fox

1 Like

Yeah, a bit much for ACMA to concern itself with, surely.

But those ads were not in the TVNZ feed, so maybe they should try and be provided that direct feed (because only the TAB can legally advertise in NZ) as the only difference appears to be international ads.

Similarly with this one here, Premier League viewers in Australia bombarded with ads for offshore gambling firms thanks to loophole | Gambling | The Guardian I’m not sure the complainants really understand the practicalities or are more concerned with gotcha moments.

4 Likes

There was 1XBat stuff on the sidelines, were they not there in NZ?

Yes they were on the electronic ad boards, which is why I said there really isn’t much they can do about that one.

I wonder if NZC has engaged the the same agency that sold 1xBat advertising for CA to sell advertising

1 Like

Looks like TVNZ and NZ Cricket have removed the logos of Pari Match and 1xBat from the Foxtel feed of the second cricket test from Christchurch.

1 Like