Foxtel

Have launched the update and it’s working on my iQ4 box. Great idea and works really well with my Netflix account.

4 Likes

A look at the new iQ4

11 Likes

Did Foxtel accidentally put a filter over Richo?

How do you do a manual record with the new UI

Can you extend a recording time by more than 30 minutes, like with FetchTV?

Yep. You can do it with an IQ3/4

1 Like

Is the 9GemHD channel available to satellite IQ3/4 customers if the box is connected to an external antenna?

All free to air channels are available if connected to your external antenna.

1 Like

That’s not correct. It’s not like they just become available because there’s a tuner. Foxtel and the FTA networks have to come to an agreement before they add them to the list. For example, 7food network is still not available and IIRC won’t ever be.

@KevinPerry I can’t check for sure, but as of last Tuesday 9Gem HD still wasn’t available on the iQ.

3 Likes

wrong not all 9 gemhd isnt available where iam here in ballarat nor is 7flix it depends on what the fta networks allows foxtel to show via external antenna

@JasonF @ WatvVideos Sorry I’ve upset your days! I stand corrected… no pistols at dawn please! It was only a senior moment. :smile: In future I won’t attempt to be helpful!

So the free-to-air networks have to negotiate with Foxtel to add a free-to-air channel to a Foxtel free-to-air tuner? That would be like Sony or Panasonic making a closed television that only had free-to-air channels that had paid to be on there.

1 Like

I think most if not all of the FTA channels available via terrestrial on the iQ3/4 are mirrored to what is re-broadcast on cable which of course Foxtel charges (the networks) for.

Also I think Foxtel don’t want to put them on the 1-99 LCNs in fear that the Foxtel channels will be ignored.

3 Likes

that is correct yes coz i think and i may be wrong foxtel charges them to show fta on the foxtel boxes

I’ll lay down my guns I promise!

Ok now I feel bad. My reply wasn’t that mean was it?

They definitely have to negotiate for satellite carriage. Given that some terrestrial channels are absent on Foxtel boxes and in some cases take a long time to be added, I assume there is some sort of carriage fee or certain terms that the FTA’s and Foxtel have to agree to before they are ‘activated’. Really, Foxtel should just allow viewers to scan in whatever FTA channels they like.

3 Likes

sorry my post did come across a bit mean which im sorry 4

1 Like

7two and go are not on in Riverland/Mount Gambier region.

1 Like

Will be interesting if that means no ABC channels - even through your antenna - when the ABC stop paying Foxtel for carriage.

I would have thought a lot of people would find themselves plugging their antenna directly into the TV, watching something on FTA and them finding themselves not using the Foxtel box and cancelling. Surely people watching FTA through the Foxtel box is a net positive for Fox?