Foxtel

I think you’ve had a brain seizure if you include thst in a list of best soaps. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It always makes the list of worst soaps ever. :joy:

I thought that was just a channel that was about soap - how to make it, how best to use it, is dove actually soap or not

The things you learn…

2 Likes

There are small snippets of Arcade on youtube. It truly was the worst piece of TV drama ever. Full of stereotypes and the acting was close to cardboard. This - to me - makes it irresistible!

Maybe we need a channel on Foxtel called “cringe”.

we do, it’s called Sky News.

18 Likes

Spot on.

Specifically The Paul Murray Show.

It’s like a poor man’s version of The O’Reilly Factor (but without the political conviction or sexual harassment).

2 Likes

I dunno, some of things he used to say to Laura Jayes on the 5.30 thing they do with David Speers could go in that column… always referring to her as “Darl” and making connotations about the “dog collar” she was wearing around her neck. You could tell some days she was so embarrassed by him that it was horrific.

1 Like

He calls some women “that shelia” and words to that effect. He is a revolting human who lacks complete sincerity. This lack of authenticity stems from his changing views to extreme right wing when he originally was never like that.

So Foxtel are ditching the Box Office channels - pushing the on demand movie rental

I agree cmo - Paul never held very right wing views five years ago. The way he is lurching to the right makes me believe that by 2020 his show will no longer be called “Paul Murray Live”. It will be Paul’s Mein Kampf.

As Sky News moves to the right - Paul is more than happy to abide and change his views.

Maybe his show should be called “Paul’s Sell Out”. Nightly at 9pm on Sky News.

1 Like

He’s just playing a role to appease his employers, which keeps him employed.

On the topic of Dynasty how come Netflix has the rights to the remake off The CW , and Foxtel doesn’t get the CW show?

Netflix got the rights. Simple as that. Like Riverdale went to Netflix as well.

It’s not based on what network it’s on. It’s based on who the distributor sells it to. WB no longer has an output deal and just sells on a show by show basis.

1 Like
1 Like

So it appears that TRT World started today

1 Like

Just came across this:
https://sites.google.com/view/droid-tv/pay-tv-provider/foxtel-puck

1 Like

On surface Foxtel puck has more features than the upcoming 4K version of Apple TV.

I’ve got the free two week trial of Foxtel Now with all the channels, really only got it to watch Outlander. I’m impressed by the quality via Chromecast, but not so impressed by the lack of control of live television as it’s only possible to pause the stream, you can’t rewind and fast forward on your mobile. I’ve signed up to pay for only one of the packs at $15 a month. Not sure how long I’ll keep it for.

1 Like

Just noticed this on poxtel.com.au

Someone forget to update the Lifestyle logo?

4 Likes

Even though I knew the link was wrong I still had to click it.

The latest update of the Foxtel app and Foxtel Now has seen the channels unlocked to you all grouped together at the top, rather than scattered among the unlocked channel list. Something I never though I would see happen - great for the consumer, but you are no longer tempted by all the shows and channels you don’t have and perhaps less likely to be enticed to sign up to the packages you don’t have?

I received a letter from Foxtel yesterday. They are discontinuing their pay per view movie service. No more channels 901-908 from next week. I loved a new movie on a Friday night.

1 Like