Foxtel

2 Likes

There’s a lot of discussion on the Foxtel complaints group saying that there are now ads (about 30-15 seconds) when you watch on-demand content. I’m not sure what content it’s on or how exactly it works. I remember a long time ago this was trailed on Foxtel Go but was stopped due to tech issues.

Can someone confirm or deny this?

2 Likes

I’ve been getting preroll commercials on any on demand content from Universal Channel (Law & Order SVU / Criminal Intent). I hadn’t watched any for a while and only started again last week so I wasn’t sure if it was a new thing or not. Doesn’t bother me though as I don’t get any commercials during the programs.

2 Likes

Yes! And its so bloody annoying, and rude given we pay for the service.

It happens when you stream something rather than watching live or via a recording.

4 Likes

Yeah its been happening on ALL on demand content for a few weeks now sadly :frowning:

1 Like

I stream a couple of shows and have not noticed any commercials. So don’t think it’s for everything. Maybe particular channels?

2 Likes

Yes I’ve been getting one or two ads before the start of a show, however, no ad breaks during the show, even if there were ad breaks in the original broadcast.

Says the moron who owns all the main sports rights in this country with the ridiculous simulcast deals they force the FTA in signing under threats and ransom to the sport organizations.

Delaney just needs to shut up.

3 Likes

Foxtel has quietly removed the FOX branding from some of their channels including Docos and Sleuth to name a couple.

6 Likes

Also Comedy

2 Likes

They finally got the message that the Fox brand is on the nose?

1 Like

Would they dear to remove the Fox brand from FoxSports and just call it “sports”? :thinking: :joy:

3 Likes

Similar things has been happening to their movie channels as well.

[Update] Fox Sci Fi and Classics changed too.

8 Likes

Others will follow from Thursday:

FOX One - Foxtel One
FOX ARENA - Arena
FOX SHOWCASE - Showcase
FOX Crime - Crime

7 Likes

I wonder if this move will see some of these channels pop up on Fetch, with Telstra being their major shareholder.

6 Likes

Wonder if they’ll somehow retain the US styled branding elements, would be unfortunate if they disappear as well. Fox Classics’ logo changing is unfortunate to see as well.

Also…

Fox_Comedy_2023

:sob:

aba

I wouldn’t imagine FOX8 being safe from these changes as well, though “Foxtel8” doesn’t roll off the tongue that much. :woozy_face: ‘Eight’ is perhaps a little too minimalistic.

Fox Sports and Fox Footy/League/Netball, etc would be a doozy to change if it has to as well… :thinking:

5 Likes

are…are they using Arial/Helvetica?

talk about a loss of personality logo-wise, makes Foxtel look cheap and nasty

4 Likes

How about Kayo Sports 1, Kayo Footy, etc.?

2 Likes

FOX8 is staying as FOX8, just with a new logo.

3 Likes