Foxtel

It is Foxtel though, I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid if you said that you did have to pay!

It would make sense if they charged for HD FTA channels over the cable network. Over the air would be ridiculous though, even for Foxtel.

1 Like

Are there other regional FTA channels that are still unallocated or blocked by Foxtel’s tuner? I believe 9Rush and 10 SHAKE are still missing from metro.

2 Likes

7flix & 10 SHAKE are the two big ones missing from Foxtel here (on my iQ4 at least). As well as ishopTV, Sky News Regional and GOLD not that any of those are particularly missed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Which market are you in?

2 Likes

No worries- this is for the Albury market.

2 Likes

Unlikely to be a big loss, but TRT World will be removed from September 7th

1 Like

Low viewership and in grainy SD. The YouTube feed is better

2 Likes

Either way it’s the Turkish version of RT. Good riddance.

How so?

1 Like

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/14648849211033444

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/11/12/how-us-can-send-message-erdogan-free-press/

Interesting. I never really looked into TRT World’s impartiality. I wonder if this was the basis for its removal? It launched on Foxtel in early September 2017 so maybe it’s just a 5 year contract expiring?

1 Like

It not getting added to Flash was possibly a precursor that it’s future may be a bit limited

1 Like

I would have thought that for a few of the news channels, it wouldn’t be so much Foxtel begging to broadcast them, it would be foreign governments negotiating with Foxtel to host their world view basically as a PR arm of the government.

The 3 in particular that I’m thinking are TRT, CGTN and RT (previously), given Foxtel seemed to be doing the minimum only, ie they’re not on Foxtel Go, where as other news channels are.

I’m thinking the Turkish govt has prob pulled the pin on Foxtel hosting it for Australia.
TRT is also being pulled at a future date, which suggests negotiated ending, as opposed to RT which was removed suddenly for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

Foxtel only pulled the channel after the blowback that they were carrying it - the statement they made initially was that they intended to continue to carry the channel

1 Like

Is there anything replacing it? I’m taking it this is only going because TRT no longer wants to pay the money to keep the channel going on Foxtel.

1 Like

Foxtel would pay them for carriage? There could be a multitude of reasons why they’re getting dropped.

1 Like

Seems that Foxtel is having issues on its online content. The satellite service is up

1 Like

9Rush, 10Shake, 10Bold HD and NITV still missing in regional Qld.

2 Likes

9Rush and 10BoldHD aren’t available at all in Regional QLD are they? NITV is a really strange one to be missing though…

2 Likes