Foxtel

Yep, seen those in the past. It was just a way for the customer to know which cables to plug into which socket.

From tomorrow, ABC will be making changes to their primary ABC channels on the Foxtel satellite platform. All the state-based ABC’s except WA will be merged into a single “national” channel in AEST, with the 7pm news being replaced with a national news bulletin.

The new channel is already live (Spare_33010)

ABC Foxtel services

More information here: https://www.foxtel.com.au/support/abc-channel-changes.html

3 Likes

Assuming the national bulletin will just be a simulcast of the News Channel between 7pm & 7:30pm AEST?

guys when will this start tommorow or sunday

The second word of the post literally says tomorrow…

2 Likes

Bad idea.

Presumably done to cut costs.

Especially since everyone outside AEST now is forced to watch on the AEST schedule. Yikes.

1 Like

It should be noted that this change only affects customers with older set-top boxes that don’t have a built-in FTA tuner. Newer boxes ignore/replace these satellite feeds with the local broadcasts.

1 Like

Only if the box has an antenna connected to it. Which many don’t. Often because people don’t even have an antenna on the house.

1 Like

You used to be able to select either Satellite or Antenna versions of ABC and SBS in a setting on the iQ3

It’s not. It’ll be a stand alone separate bulletin. It’ll feed into eastern and central time zones.

WA will continue to get the local bulletin from what I understand. The western feed will still exist.

3 Likes

Update: The weekend versions will be a simulcast of the News Channel 7pm bulletin (except for WA).

But Monday to Friday it’s a separate stand alone bulletin. Apologies for the error.

1 Like

Presented from where?

Perth!

1 Like

But NSW news and news channel will both be occupied?

See my late edit

Right. Thanks. What a weird move. A whole new bulletin for those very few people watching ABC on Foxtel. Right.

4 Likes

More info from the ABC help pages:
The new national ABC TV channel on Foxtel satellite will:

1. Broadcast all programs in AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time).

2. Broadcast a 7pm (AEDT) national news bulletin rather than a state-based news bulletin.

3. The national news bulletin broadcast Monday - Friday will NOT be closed captioned.

It doesn’t mention that WA won’t be affected by this.

4 Likes

Am I correct in saying ABC Comedy and ABC Me already broadcast in this single national channel way on Foxtel satellite?

If so, could that be an explanation as to why the guide for these channels has always been on the AEST schedule (and 30 minutes out for me in Adelaide) on my Foxtel Now box? Even though I use the aerial for these channels, could they be pulling the guide data from the satellite guide without correcting for me using the aerial?

1 Like

When did Foxtel add the Movies Adrenaline channel?