Foxtel

This may seem like an odd question, but I came across something tonight that I haven’t seen before and was wondering whether it was normal.

I live in an apartment, so use Foxtel Now rather than having any physical Foxtel connection.

Tonight while visiting family I was flicking through channels on their Foxtel box and noticed a programme was airing on SBS on channel 104, that I wanted to watch. As the channel wasn’t in HD, I decided to flick back to 030 to view the programme in HD only to find that it wasn’t airing on the HD FTA version.

I had a look at the EPG and noticed that SBS on 104, was broadcasting to an AEDT schedule, while the FTA transmission on 030 on the Foxtel box was broadcasting on a 1-hour delayed AEST schedule.

I then flicked through and noticed all the ABC/SBS channels/multi-channels were on an AEDT schedule, 1-hour ahead of the local FTA broadcast.

Is this normal? I wasn’t aware that people with a Foxtel box could actually watch programming on these channels 1-hour earlier than the FTA broadcast.

yeah ABC2 (at least) has been like this for years when daylught saving kicks in

i think it only happens during daylight savings living in Victoria i havent taken much notice

Christmas Specials :christmas_tree:

The holiday season is ramping up and while you may not yet have the perfect Christmas tree or bought any presents, Foxtel is here to help with a huge selection of Christmas Specials to watch in December. Featuring a broad offering of the best Christmas content from Lifestyle, Entertainment, Kids, Food, Movies and Music, Foxtel is a one-stop destination for entertainment and inspiration this Christmas season.

Learn how to make Christmas treats and then give them away! Feast with your eyes, instead of ruining your waistline this Christmas with the best in Christmas food and lifestyle series and specials. Don’t silence your night, fill your holidays with festive frivolity, hilarious comedy programs and entertaining drama specials. The season just wouldn’t be the same without Christmas music, tune in to Foxtel for the best soundtracks Christmas has to offer. Whether they’ve been naughty or nice, Foxtel has the best in kids programming on their world-famous kids channels.

From Friday December 1 all your favourite festive shows are available to watch whenever you want On Demand, with exclusive and new channel premieres titles being added throughout the month. All these Christmas shows and more can be seen via the On Demand menu on the iQ2, iQ3, on the Foxtel App and on Foxtel Now.

LIFESTYLE

INSIDE THE CHRISTMAS FACTORY One Hour Special on Lifestyle Food
Sunday December 3 at 8.30pm, Australian Premiere
This Christmas special sees Gregg Wallace, Cherry Healey and Ruth Goodman explore the fascinating factory processes and surprising history behind the UK’s favourite festive treats. Gregg follows 24 hours of production at the world’s largest mince pie factory, Cherry travels to south Wales to meet the workers who make enough tinsel in a year to reach from there to Hawaii, and Ruth Goodman discovers the explosive history of Christmas crackers.

JAMIE’S CHRISTMAS COOKBOOK One Hour Special on Lifestyle Food
Monday December 4 at 8.30pm, STV Premiere
Over the many years Jamie Oliver has experimented with loads of different ways of cooking the Christmas classics. But this year, he’s sharing his ultimate recipes – the epic dishes that he’ll be cooking for his own family on Christmas Day.

KRISTIE’S HANDMADE CHRISTMAS Season 3 (3 episodes) on Lifestyle
Wednesdays from December 6 at 8.30pm, Australian Premiere
It’s Christmas and Kirstie is back with the aim of ensuring your yuletide is sumptuous, seamless and most of all fun-filled. In this season, Kirstie travels the length and breadth of the country on her own festive tour of Britain to celebrate and indulge in everything that makes Christmas great!

A BIG LEGO CHRISTMAS One Hour Special on Lifestyle
Thursday December 7 at 8.30pm, STV Premiere
In this brand new Christmas special that takes us behind the scenes in the lead-up to the opening of the world’s biggest Lego store in London’s Leicester, we follow Duncan – Britain’s only certified Lego professional – who is attempting to build a giant model of Tower Bridge using almost 6 million bricks! We also meet Michael and Sophie, two Lego fans that unashamedly maintain their love for the brick, and also Justin – a Lego designer whose first kit is about to hit shelves in time for Christmas.

THE GREAT CHRISTMAS BAKE OFF Two Part Special on Lifestyle Food
Sundays from December 10 at 8.30pm, Australian Premiere
The much-loved format is back for some Christmas cheer with two brand new specials. Mary Berry, Paul Hollywood, Mel Giedroyc & Sue Perkins get into the festive spirit with two yuletide specials as they decide which of the four will be the winner of The Great Christmas Bake Off.

NIGELLA CHRISTMAS SPECIAL One Hour Special on Lifestyle Food
Wednesday December 20 at 8.30pm, Australian Premiere
As beautiful and inspiring as ever, Nigella’s latest series is about the food we remember eating as children, to the dishes that shaped us growing up. Nigella shows us simple ways of infusing the everyday with pleasure and flavour in the way only she can. This is the final episode of her series Nigella At My Table.

HAIRY BIKERS’ HOME FOR CHRISTMAS Season 1 on Lifestyle Food
Weeknights from Monday December 18 at 6.30pm, Australian Premiere
The Hairy Bikers return with a new festive series. Over the course of the series the Hairies show viewers how to make delicious and indulgent recipes for all sorts of Christmas occasions, from the neighbours coming round to the full traditional feast on Christmas Day.

FEEDING THE SUPER RICH CHRISTMAS SPECIAL One Hour Special on Lifestyle
Thursday December 21 at 9.30pm, Australian Premiere
For the UK’s millionaires, shopping has become an art form, and nothing gets them spending more than Christmas. But while we seek out bargains, the wealthy use a network of high-end suppliers of luxurious gifts and decorations.

DRAMA

BIRDS OF A FEATHER Christmas Special One Hour Special on UKTV
Wednesday December 13 at 8.30pm, Australian Premiere
The Birds are on the wing again for Christmas. Stars Pauline Quirke, Linda Robson, Lesley Joseph.

A PLACE TO CALL HOME Season 5 Christmas Final Episode on showcase
Sunday December 24 at 7.30pm, Australian Premiere LOCAL PRODUCTION
It’s Christmas at Ash Park and the Bligh family must deal with some deep ethical questions.

CALL THE MIDWIFE 90 Minute Christmas Special on BBC First
December Australian Premiere on EXPRESS FROM THE UK
The Christmas Special opens with Poplar under a thick blanket of snow, as the midwives face the challenge of the coldest winter for 300 years. Battling against snow, ice, power cuts and frozen pipes, the midwives strive to provide the best possible care for their patients. Guest starring Anita Dobson (EastEnders).

VICTORIA 90 Minute Christmas Special on BBC First
December Australian Premiere on EXPRESS FROM THE UK
Victoria’s second season came to a dramatic close but fans of the series may be shocked in this 90 minute special. Despite the festive family celebrations, this could be the winter when Victoria’s (Jenna Coleman) husband Prince Albert (Tom Hughes) finally succumbs to a deathly illness.

ENTERTAINMENT

THE DAILY SHOW’S THE YEARLY SHOW Season 2 Finale on The Comedy Channel
Tuesday December 19 at 9.00pm, Australian Premiere EXPRESS FROM US
Hosted by Trevor Noah, The Daily Show’s The Yearly Show 2017 year-end special, featuring The Best F#@king News Team, will tape at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City.

THE PRESIDENT SHOW I CAME UP WITH CHRISTMAS Season 2 Finale on The Comedy Channel
Wednesday December 20 at 9.00pm, Australian Premiere
I Came Up with Christmas: A President Show Christmas will feature the 45th and final President of the United States (played by The President Show creator Anthony Atamanuik) alongside the Vice President (Peter Grosz). The duo celebrate the holiday in a night of comedy, music, jingle bells, and dog whistles as they try to make this the whitest Christmas ever.

SUPERMANSION: CHRISTMAS SPECIAL Season 2 Finale on The Comedy Channel
Sunday December 24 at 6.00pm, Australian Premiere
When an interstellar imp named Mr. Skibumpers unleashes a real-life Santa Claus, the League of Freedom must stop Mr. Skibumpers’ plans and save Christmas.

ALASKAN BUSH PEOPLE: A BROWNTOWN CHRISTMAS One Hour Special on Discovery Channel
Wednesday December 13 at 10.30pm, Australian Premiere
Ever wondered what Christmas would be like off the grid? Meet the Browns; unconventional, unique and a little offbeat, the family live off the grid, deep within the Alaskan bush. Raised wild, they are the epitome of self-sufficient, having built their home, Browntown, from the ground up themselves and live off the land. So removed from civilisation, over the years the family of nine has developed their own customs, laws and even accents and have a deep connection to nature. In the past, Christmas was a time to reconnect with extended family, but this year the family’s staying in Browntown and bringing old traditions to their new home. There’s a lot of work to do and knowing the Browns, the road to the perfect holiday will be anything but smooth!

MUSIC

CMA COUNTRY CHRISTMAS 90 Minute Special on CMC
Monday December 11 at 7pm, Australian Premiere
Reba McEntire hosts some of the most powerful and emotionally moving voices in music, as they come together to celebrate. Enjoy the magic of the holidays with your favourite stars as they perform classic Christmas songs and share treasured memories.

IOLANTA: THE NUTCRACKER on FOXTEL ARTS
Monday December 18 at 9.30pm, Australian Premiere
This “fairy-tale ballet” recounts the adventures of young Clara one Christmas night, during which the nutcracker she has been given leads her into a magical world.

J.S BACH: CHRISTMAS ORATORIO BALLET BY JOHN NEUMEIER on FOXTEL ARTS
Sunday December 24 at 11.00pm, Australian Premiere
The Christmas Oratorio BWV 248 by Johann Sebastian Bach was written for the Christmas season of 1734 in Leipzig. Christian Thielemann leads the Staatskapelle Dresden along with a roster of top soloists.

A SMOOTH CHRISTMAS WITH CAMERON AND MARCIA Two Hour Special on Foxtel Smooth
Christmas Day Monday December 25 at 8am, encores at 12noon & 4pm, Australian Premiere
Spend this Christmas with your Smooth family. Join Cameron Daddo and Marcia Hines as they play some of their favourite Christmas songs, while sharing stories, memories and laughs. There’s also very special performance by Marcia. Share in the festive cheer!

CHRIS ISAAK – A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, Two Hour Special on MAX
Christmas Day Monday December 25 at 8am, encores at 1pm & 6pm, Australian Premiere
Join international Superstar Chris Isaak and his band mate Kenny for A Very Merry Christmas! So much Christmas cheer, you’ll be grinning from ear to ear! Chris will be singing a few of his favourite Christmas songs and playing you the greatest Christmas music videos we could find.

A [V]ERY MERRY XMAS TOP 30, Two Hour Countdown Special on [V]
Christmas Day Monday December 25 from 7.00am
Have yourself a [v]ery merry Xmas, ‘cause it’s the “most wonderful day of the year”! Get right into the spirit of Christmas and have a jolly sing-along to 30 of the biggest modern Christmas crackers courtesy of [V]. All we want for Christmas is the ultimate holiday playlist, so prepare for a total carol-coma!

KIDS

CHRISTMAS ON CBEEBIES
Every day on CBeebies from December 1 to 25
It’s going to be a magical Christmas season on CBeebies, with all your favourite CBeebies friends joining in the festivities! Celebrate all the fun of the Christmas season with Hey Duggee, Sarah & Duck, Go Jetters, Charlie & Lola and more, for lots of Christmas-time fun and adventures.

SANTA’S ROCKIN’ WORKSHOP on Cartoon Network
From December 1 to 25
From December 1 all the way to Christmas, kids will have a chance to enjoy back-to-back brand new episodes from Mighty Magiswords, The Powerpuff Girls, We Bare Bears, and Regular Show, including Christmas specials from your favourite Cartoon Network shows. The festive Christmas Special also includes two very special movie screenings: Tom and Jerry: Santa’s Little Helpers and Elf: Buddy’s Musical Christmas.

LIV AND MADDIE – CALI-CHRISTMAS-A-ROONEY on Disney Channel
Thursday December 7 at 5.30pm, Australian Premiere
Maddie is upset that she can’t be in Wisconsin for Christmas and to cheer her up, Liv plans an incredible surprise.

BIZAARDVARK ‘A KILLER ROBOT CHRISTMAS’ on Disney Channel
Wednesday December 14 at 5.30pm, Australian Premiere
In Bizaardvark ‘A Killer Robot Christmas’ Paige invites a bunch of deserving kids to Vuugle to celebrate the holidays with Bizaardvark.

TINY CHRISTMAS on Nickelodeon
Friday December 15 at 6.30pm, Australian Premiere
Enjoy a Nickelodeon original movie this December to celebrate the holidays! It’s Christmas Eve and a clumsy elf accidentally shrinks down two kids into miniature sizes. The kids are scooped up into Santa’s sack and dropped off across the street at their neighbour’s house. In order to make it home for Christmas (just one house away!), the tiny kids have to work together to navigate holiday hazards.

THE LION GUARDS TIMON AND PUMBAA’S CHRISTMAS on Disney Junior
Saturday December 16 at 5.15pm, Australian Premiere
Get into the festive spirit with The Lion Guards Timon and Pumbaa’s Christmas, as Bunga and the guard help give Timon and Pumbaa a ‘real’ Christmas.

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE: ‘STUCK AT CHRISTMAS – THE MOVIE’ on Disney Channel
Thursday December 21 at 5.30pm, Australian Premiere
In Stuck in the Middle: ‘Stuck at Christmas – The Movie’, Harley rallies her siblings and parents to take a trip to Florida to celebrate Christmas with their Abuela (grandmother), but in true Diaz fashion, things go awry.

BRAND NEW CHRISTMAS SPECIALS on Boomerang
Sunday December 24 and Monday December 25
The brand new holiday special rounds up all of our favourite Christmas themed episodes across all shows in a two day extravaganza. Watch as the Wacky Races travel to the North Pole and accidentally run over Santa Claus leaving it to the Racers to take his place and save Christmas. The Scooby Doo gang enter Dickens’ classic “A Christmas Carol” as they try and get to the bottom of the mysterious ghost tormenting Scrooge in 1843 England. Finally, in the festive episode of Chowder, Chowder hatches a plan to save Mung’s dignity in order to ensure everyone has a Merry Knishmas.

MOVIES

In addition to the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS Pop Up Movie Channel starting December 14, Fox Classics will air two weeks of family favourite films in the lead up to Christmas. From Monday December 11 to Friday December 15 at 8.35pm watch FOX CLASSICS MERRY MUSICALS FOR CHRISTMAS with musical favourites bound to get the entire family singing. The following week from Monday December 18 to Monday December 25 at 8.35pm watch FOX CLASSICS ‘TIS THE SEASON – PRESENTED BY GRAEME BLUNDELL and enjoy classic Christmas themed movies including It’s a Wonderful Life, Meet Me In St. Louis and more in the week leading up to Christmas Day.

The full line-up of Christmas programming includes popular returning series and specials such as Andre Rieu, Kylie and Michael Buble specials on Foxtel Arts and the hilarious A MOODY CHRISTMAS complete season and A GERT LUSH CHRISTMAS special on The Comedy Channel.

Foxtel is dropping the World Movies channel.

Not that I watched it - but this channel has been around since the days of RED, TV1, Encore, Galaxy.

2 Likes

See:

i’m starting to question the value of foxtel now. in the last year they have merged smooth and arts, dropped Foxtel You, dropped multiple channels from foxtel tunes and what have we had added? TRT (hillsong and sonlife were added oct 13 last year)

we still don’t have sky UK on it’s own channel or NASA TV

NASA TV is free on the internet and it’s easy to find a live stream of Sky News UK on YouTube. No need for Foxtel for those channels.

2 Likes

all these channels are still there they only dropped the foxtel tunes active

the following changes have been made:

Dropped:

Max Divas
[v] Buzz
[V] Loud
[V] Rock
Faith

Added:

Max Alt Rock
Max Lovesongs
Nature
Foxtel Arts broadway

3 Likes

From Matt Doran on Instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/Bd8ysSRgKtZ/

1 Like

Disappointing since I still use it. Annoying that Telstra actually got me off Foxtel to use T-Box and now they are dropping any support of it.

1 Like

along with World Movies (Jan 31) Foxtel is also dropping Eurosport News, FX and Nat Geo People from Feb 28.

seriously reconsidering my sub.

FX? That’s big. I wonder where The Walking Dead, Lucifer etc will go.

Surely that can’t be true about FX?

FX and Nat Geo People closing is in the Feb mag under “Channel Listings”… Eurosports News wasn’t named as closing down, but it was confirmed to me on the Foxtel Facebook page.

The Foxtel rep told me that “more news on where to find your favourite shows on these channels in the future will be made soon.”

Pissed about FX… they’ll probably move all their good stuff to TV Hits in its beautiful, crystal clear standard definition.

Foxtel has already axed SoHo, it should not be closing another drama channel. I think the reason is to reduce the amount of repeat programming outside primetime.

FX dramas will surely go to showcase or fox8