Foxtel

I wonder if this move will see some of these channels pop up on Fetch, with Telstra being their major shareholder.

6 Likes

Wonder if they’ll somehow retain the US styled branding elements, would be unfortunate if they disappear as well. Fox Classics’ logo changing is unfortunate to see as well.

Also…

Fox_Comedy_2023

:sob:

aba

I wouldn’t imagine FOX8 being safe from these changes as well, though “Foxtel8” doesn’t roll off the tongue that much. :woozy_face: ‘Eight’ is perhaps a little too minimalistic.

Fox Sports and Fox Footy/League/Netball, etc would be a doozy to change if it has to as well… :thinking:

5 Likes

are…are they using Arial/Helvetica?

talk about a loss of personality logo-wise, makes Foxtel look cheap and nasty

4 Likes

How about Kayo Sports 1, Kayo Footy, etc.?

2 Likes

FOX8 is staying as FOX8, just with a new logo.

3 Likes

Yep! Just found a picture of it and some others in a Facebook group, appears to be in the same style font as the Foxtel logo:

@MichaelPower Inconsistent Gill Sans and Reith BBC blocks strike again! :woozy_face:

5 Likes

good to see Chameleon behaving the same here as it is in the UK :stuck_out_tongue:

and also the BBC Earth logo recently changed too, ughhhh why aren’t they using that

3 Likes

I see they still list the BBC UKTV channel column as 'Also in HD" when the channel isn’t available in HD.

1 Like

You might be onto something there. Might be a step towards Telstra getting out of the Foxtel deal, which they have tried to do for a few years now.

3 Likes

Everything old is new again.

16 Likes

They are on Fetch so I would assume this will change soon.

Foxtel has always been nasty but never cheap

3 Likes

Don’t like the new FOX8 logo , some things never should be changed! FOX8 really died this decade.

4 Likes

I’m itching to add this tagline from an old British PIF:

1 Like

ironically thats a better logo than the new Crime logo!

1 Like

Just go back to the classic C Comedy Channel logo, and FOX8 logo is abandoning the FOX style guide!

2 Likes

Which channels are on Fetch?

2 Likes

Really reminds me of those channels Smart TVs come with now.

At least they’re restoring Showcase and Arena back to their proper names.

2 Likes

Weird that they’re completely ditching not just the Fox brand name on some channels, but also the stylised Fox logo on FOX8. Presumably this also means changes on Fox Sports after the footy finals too?

Unlikely. That brand is too big.

1 Like