Foxtel

IQ5 will be available in 2022, but Foxtel Cable customers will be sent the box in October to replace their IQ2s before the general rollout commences.

2 Likes

I wonder if this means they’re actually going to actively try to move cable subscribers to satellite? Since isn’t the iQ5 a satellite only box like the iQ4 is?

1 Like

No the iQ5 is also IP based, so cable viewers will be expected to move to that.

6 Likes

looks like i will be wating till 2022 to get foxtel again lol

1 Like

Binge’s first first-run Australian drama? I wonder if it’ll be branded a Binge original on Binge, and a Foxtel original on Foxtel

Foxtel chief financial officer James Marsh has resigned, and will leave the company at the end of this week. He will be replaced by Stuart Hutton, former chief financial officer at ASX-listed manufacturing company Orora.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had difficulties with receiving the Nine suite of channels (through Foxtel Satellite) since the regional affiliation switch?

Since July 1, on our IQ3, the audio on Nine (WIN) is 2-3 seconds ahead of the footage. 9Go! and 9Gem are a blocky mess and are unwatchable. We also can’t get 9Life, 7flix, or 10Shake.

The strangest thing about it is that the issues seem to be across the board and are effecting people’s Foxtel boxes in different ways. My Grandparents were sent out a brand new iQ4 a few days ago as the audio on Nine (WIN) was also out-of-sync for them. The audio issue has now been fixed through the new box, but now they can’t receive 9Gem or 9Life at all. My Dad also has the IQ4. He can receive 10Shake, but for some reason, it’s listed as 9Life on the TV guide.

We’ve all tried restarting our Foxtel set-top boxes and re-scanning the channels, but as expected, it has been to no avail. It’s pretty bad that it has almost been two months since the regional affiliation switch took place and these issues are still occurring.

1 Like

I find it odd you’re getting different issues on different boxes.

you know its bad when i see an icon indicating new posts in this thread and my first thought is “which channels have they cut now?”

6 Likes

Haha same, as well as the Fetch one. My first thought is “great, which channels have the cut and not dropped the price as a result today?”

1 Like

Foxtel Arts is being replaced by FOX Docos.

2 Likes

So cynical, you can see how much some of the channel adjustments have captured everyone’s imagination, just look at how active the Fox Funny thread is :laughing:

1 Like

I saw a promo for Fox Docos earlier, looks good (having access to some of the HBO/Sky docos is a real selling point) - while its good to see a single location for these programs, its a bit of a shame that it has come at the cost of the Arts channel

2 Likes

lol.

Ive always been of the attitude that to survive fox needs to go for quantity in channels. they need to not cut, but increase channels. theres a ton of stuff thats out there free on sat they can pull in and i bet the channels would love to be on fox

1 Like

… to pull their fingers out of their butts, consolidate channels that are similar (Funny and Comedy etc), get rid of +2 channels and add a massive point of difference by adding at least 4 new 4K channels.

So they can have:

4K Movies 1
4K Movies 2
4K Sports 1
4K Sports 2
4K Life (documentaries, nature etc)
4K Entertainment (mix of comedies, dramas etc)

Do what Freeview can’t offer.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t the LNB and box tuners not be capable of decoding and showing all that content?

That would be great but I don’t really know how they would go with fitting all that without cutting out existing channels.