Foxtel

Foxtel have never installed FTA antennas. It’s not part of their packages. And, as said above, why would they give a leg up to its competitors?

More likely in your instance it was an independent contractor working for Foxtel who offered to put up an antenna for you.

3 Likes

foxtel never installs tv antenas ever or even offers installing free to air anntennas . i think your mixed up with something else

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they did at one stage. They used their own custom Foxtel + FTA wall plates and contractors would either put an antenna up or use the existing infrastructure to get FTA to the Foxtel box, like it was part of the job order.

3 Likes

The Foxtel version of an upfront is to be held Thursday 22 October.

It will cover programming for Foxtel, Kayo and Binge.

2 Likes

Yep, seen those in the past. It was just a way for the customer to know which cables to plug into which socket.

From tomorrow, ABC will be making changes to their primary ABC channels on the Foxtel satellite platform. All the state-based ABC’s except WA will be merged into a single “national” channel in AEST, with the 7pm news being replaced with a national news bulletin.

The new channel is already live (Spare_33010)

ABC Foxtel services

More information here: https://www.foxtel.com.au/support/abc-channel-changes.html

3 Likes

Assuming the national bulletin will just be a simulcast of the News Channel between 7pm & 7:30pm AEST?

guys when will this start tommorow or sunday

The second word of the post literally says tomorrow…

2 Likes

Bad idea.

Presumably done to cut costs.

Especially since everyone outside AEST now is forced to watch on the AEST schedule. Yikes.

1 Like

It should be noted that this change only affects customers with older set-top boxes that don’t have a built-in FTA tuner. Newer boxes ignore/replace these satellite feeds with the local broadcasts.

1 Like

Only if the box has an antenna connected to it. Which many don’t. Often because people don’t even have an antenna on the house.

1 Like

You used to be able to select either Satellite or Antenna versions of ABC and SBS in a setting on the iQ3

It’s not. It’ll be a stand alone separate bulletin. It’ll feed into eastern and central time zones.

WA will continue to get the local bulletin from what I understand. The western feed will still exist.

3 Likes

Update: The weekend versions will be a simulcast of the News Channel 7pm bulletin (except for WA).

But Monday to Friday it’s a separate stand alone bulletin. Apologies for the error.

1 Like

Presented from where?

Perth!

1 Like

But NSW news and news channel will both be occupied?

See my late edit