Foxtel

They don’t care about what viewers want. It’s about profit now.

3 Likes

Foxtel blaming a lack of viewers.

2 Likes

FoxSports are definitely going to have to expand there channel line up now!

2 Likes

Eurosport not being part of kayo rang alarm bells for me

2 Likes

Fox Cycling, coming soon?

3 Likes

There is an existing Eurosport thread for all to continue discussion on the fate of the channel.
Having said that, the selling points for Eurosport in Australia are La Vuelta, Giro d’Italia and the World Athletics Championships. Unless SBS and/or Fox Sports pay for the rights (the 2021 event will be held at Eugene, Oregon, USA), I fear the World Athletics Championships will be lost to Australian TV.

1 Like

I pretty much used Eurosport once a year for the Le Mans 24h. Guess Fox Sports or someone else will have to pick up the Australian rights

I suspect this wont occur (at least in the short term) - Foxtel have already expressed a desire to spend less on sport and if Eurosport’s viewership numbers are low as Foxtel are claiming in justifying its removal, Fox Sports picking up the rights to a lot of the sports is not going to be an attractive prospect

4 Likes
1 Like

They could have donated the $30m they got from the Gov… :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

They need it themselves to much tho lol

Does anyone know wether BeIN Sports now have the rights to all ATP world tour matches? Or only select ones? I noticed there showing Doha ATP 250 tonight.

I think ATP World Tour tournaments outside Australia are split between BeIN Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN. Of course Nine holds the rights to ATP Cup and Adelaide International.

Disney owns 20th Century Fox - and it seems they are a little unhappy about the word “fox” - in case it aligns them with the Murdoch media empire.

3 Likes

Perhaps Disney should change the name of the studio back to “20th Century Pictures” the original studio in the mid-30’s which merged with Fox Film Corporation to form 20th Century-Fox.

2 Likes

Or maybe just change it to Disney Studios.

They want a company they can release more adult pictures through without the Disney name

2 Likes

Disney did have such a studio: Touchstone Pictures and its offshoots such as Hollywood Pictures. But it was phased out in the last ten years.

1 Like