Foxtel 4K

Changes to 4K Ultra HD Movies channel

On 29 July 2022 the current 4K Ultra HD Movies channel will be temporarily repurposed. From 22 August 2022 to 25 October 2022 the channel will be mixed format, becoming the exclusive home of House of the Dragon in 4K Ultra HD, and broadcasting movies in 4K Ultra HD. From 26 October 2022 the repurposed channel will revert back to a dedicated 4K Ultra HD Movies channel.

4 Likes

Interesting they’re using the 4K Movies channel rather than repurposing one of the sports channels, particularly around that time when their 4K AFL is done for the year (2 more rounds of NRL and maybe some cricket though), most of the time those channels are in a holding pattern anyway even during the peak of footy season.

Makes more sense in terms of channel consistency to use the movie channel than the sport channel.

surely they could renumber one of the foxports 4K channels and move it down to the entertainment zone and use that for the House of Dragon

1 Like

AFL Round 20
Sat 1:45pm: Collingwood vs Port Adelaide (UHD 2)
Sat 2:10pm: Sydney vs GWS (UHD 3)
Sat 4:35pm: St Kilda vs Hawthorn (UHD 2)
Sat 7:30pm: Adelaide vs Carlton (UHD 3)
Sun 1:10pm: Gold Coast vs West Coast (UHD 2)
Sun 4:40pm: Essendon vs North Melbourne (UHD 2)

NRL Round 20
Sat 5:30pm: Sharks vs Rabbitohs (UHD 1)
Sat 7:35pm: Broncos vs Wests Tigers (UHD 1)

F1 Hungary
Fri 9:30pm: Practice 1 (UHD 1)
Sat 12:45pm: Practice 2 (UHD 1)
Sat 8:30pm: Practice 3 (UHD 4)
Sun 12:00am: Qualifying (UHD 4)
Sun 10:55pm: Race (UHD 1)

AFL Round 21
Sat 1:45pm: Hawthorn vs Gold Coast (UHD 2)
Sat 2:10pm: GWS vs Essendon (UHD 3)
Sat 4:35pm: Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle (UHD 2)
Sat 7:40pm: Port Adelaide vs Richmond (UHD 3)
Sun 1:10pm: North Melbourne vs Sydney (UHD 2)
Sun 4:10pm: West Coast vs Adelaide (UHD 2)

NRL Round 21
Fri 6:00pm: Storm vs Titans (UHD 1)
Sat 12:30pm: NSW Cup: Raiders vs Rabbitohs (UHD 1)
Sat 3:00pm: Rabbitohs vs Warriors (UHD 1)
Sat 5:30pm: Raiders vs Panthers (UHD 1)
Sat 7:35pm: Sharks vs Dragons (UHD 1)

All times AEST

3 Likes

Foxtel has the Game of Thrones 4K channel on channel 127 (as well as the normal 400 for Movies 4K) with a HD simulcast on 128.

3 Likes

Latest 4k advertisment for Foxtel says every AFL game in 4k this season.

Hard to see them having a native 4k feed supplied by 7

1 Like

Agree, 7 doesn’t have a good record when it comes to HD even.

Last commercial FTA network to go HD on the main channel in all metro markets, last to do sport consistently in HD (AFL was still SD up until 2015 season I think?).

1 Like

Upscaled?

My understanding is NEP produces all the games for both 7 and Fox. They are all produced in 4K. Just downscaled for 7.

3 Likes

Yeah but would Seven provide a separate feed? Or is it downscaled at playout?

Yeah I would say so.

But there’s only 1 4k sports channel from memory.

I moved to Kayo last year. Probably should change my name on here :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Where is it advertised?

1 Like

4 “pop ups” nowadays, only 2 of them on satellite.

2 Likes

Ahh yep. Of course.

It was advertised heavily while I was watching the Phoenix Open golf this morning.

4 Likes

If fox are getting a clean feed this will come from NEP not 7. Then they simply add graphics and own commentary. So in this method they can get a 4K play out.

1 Like

There are 4 X 4K sport channel feeds. They have the Channel numbers 591, 592, 593 and 594.

2 Likes

They have 4, 4k hidden channels. The only way to find them is to type the number in or use the active service when something is on in 4k. They won’t come up if you just flick through the channels.

1 Like

Including slo-mos, replays and score reviews?

If it comes direct from NEP then yes.