Fox League

FOX used Seven’s callers at first, then they got Clark to do Super Rugby around 2001-2002(maybe that’s when Seven stopped doing the games on late night replay.)

Fox using their own callers and graphics in the warriors home game tonight instead of using Sky’s. Unusual and unexpected.

no not really…they have been doing all there own stuff for the past few weeks now.

Was any FOX commentary done from Auckland?
I’m wondering if they may have just called it off the TV screen from Sydney…

Would’ve been a TV screen from Sydney, at one pint bossy said “the warriors from halfway or 40m I should say” it isn’t as authentic when not at the ground and you miss those little things as well.

1 Like

However match highlights video at the NRL website used Sky commentary and graphics.

1 Like

Yeah saw that, they had Glen Larmer and Daryl Halligan.
Sky would need Matt Russell or someone along the lines to come back and be their lead caller again for Sky to be broadcasted again. I really don’t like the commentators call from a screen it’s not authentic.

1 Like

Notice a lot of Ten promos while watching the NRL.

and…

@chuck @JKD

That is significant.

I doubt Ten is buying advertising on Fox League Network - so it must be contra, or part of an agreement. Wonder if Fox League gets free promos run on Ten in exchange?

Ten promote fox leagues coverage in their news on Thursday and Friday… it’s usually a cross to someone in the fox league studio.

1 Like

Fox League has been named Channel of the Year at last night’s ASTRA Awards in Sydney, a stunning result given it launched exactly five months ago.

2 Likes

I have only noticed it the last couple of weeks. Not sure if its on the other Fox Sports channels.

I think it was always going to win :wink:

1 Like

Good to hear Graham Hughes calling play by play on tonight’s retro round game on fox league.

He should be a caller full time because he’s still quite a decent caller.

Brings back the memories of the late 80s calls when League was on Ten!

4 Likes

I agree!
I thought Graeme Hughes was a great caller on Ten.

I was disappointed that Nine got the rights in 1992, as they cut the Sunday night replay from 90 mins (2 hours at one point) to just 60 mins and to make matters worse, appointed Ray Warren, Peter Sterling and Paul Vautin as the commentary team.

Yes ten were a great league broadcaster. Nine ruined it for many many years and they still have the fucking rights!

1 Like

I wansnt around in the 80’s but I remember Hughes calling Auckland Warriors games in the late 90’s for sky. He was great then I thought. I remember he loved Nigel Vagana.

2 Likes

The upcoming NRL Finals Series will be a big test for the new Fox League channel.

Last year, not one final got 400k (IIRC). In comparison, nearly every AFL Final was over 400k on Fox Footy.

It is well documented Foxtel’s largest subscriber base is in NSW.

This NRL season’s ratings haven’t been higher on Fox either, if not lower.

Found this interesting, I guess viewers now know they have a choice other than Nine (as AFL viewers re-discovered 6 years ago.

The ladies from League Life will host Fox Sports’ coverage of the Dally M awards (best and fairest awards for NRL players) for the first time according to The Sunday Telegraph. Yvonne Sampson, Lara Pitt, Jessica Yates and Hannah Hollis will present their weekly show from the red carpet at The Star before taking the stage to present the awards and make interviews. Sampson will be MC for the event, which will be held on Wednesday, September 27.