Fox League

Hannah Hollis will host Fox League’s coverage of Tigers-Bulldogs this afternoon, while Jessica Yates is at Phillip Island leading the Supercars telecast.

Why was Jessica Yates given hosting duties for the Sunday ticket? It’s the 8th round and she has hosted twice.

Perhaps trying to push her as a face of FOX?

502 will cover the International triple header on Saturday from Campbelltown (PNG vs Cook Islands, Fiji vs Tonga, England vs Samoa) but don’t have live rights to the test on Friday Night it appears.

At least it should be allowed to show the women’s test match from Canberra this Friday twilight (it will be replayed after the men’s test coverage on Nine and may be streamed live).

1 Like

I see that the women’s test is live on Sky NZ; maybe Nine is producing it for them.

It would be live for anyone who wants to take it.

According to an NRL press release on the Australian women’s test team at the weekend, the match will be streamed live for NRL Live Pass subscribers on their mobile or tablet.

Rumor - Ray Hadley to exit Nine (and go to fox league)?

Fox League have a great set of callers - don’t screw it up with Ray…
plus as mentioned on TVTonight - Andrew Voss and Ray - how would that go?

When I walked inside Garden City Shopping Centre, I noticed that the Australia v NZ Test Rugby Match was replayed during the morning. The match was played on mute. I’m not sure whether they have Ray, Gus and Joey from the Channel 9 feed or the use of Fox Commentators during replay.

They used the Channel 9 broadcast

1 Like

The Sunday Telegraph reports Cronulla premiership player Luke Lewis will step into the commentary box alongside Michael Ennis and Brenton Speed this afternoon at the Wests Tigers v Roosters game at Campbelltown. Also, wheelchair-bound former Newcastle player Alex McKinnon is joining Fox League as sideline reporter for the rest of the NRL season. He will first appear on League Life this Wednesday night before his reporting stint begins on July 2 at Newcastle’s home game against the Wests Tigers.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/former-knights-star-alex-mckinnon-joins-fox-sports-as-a-sideline-commentator/news-story/daf594b6cfc82e9626debdcb02bbd082

If i was FOX, i’d get Graeme Hughes or even Greg Clark to call NRL matches.

1 Like

Hughes is yesterday’s man. As for a Clark, he’s a union man and calls multiple Super Rugby games per weekend.

Have to say, Michael Ennis is a quality addition to the Fox league coverage this year. Very thoughtful and technical analysis.

1 Like

Hughes called a game for FOX during Retro Week last year.

1 Like

I can’t remember but how long has Clark been doing Super Rugby? I know that FOX used to take the Channel Seven commentary for Super Rugby in the early days, maybe it was 2001?

Is this the first game Fox have used their own score graphics during a simulcasted game instead of having to use Nine’s?

May have been full time since 1998 as Clark was number 1 Super League caller ahead of Warren Smith in 1997 (they had 4 callers, Warren Boland and John McCoy were the others). Seven used their own callers until they stopped doing the games on late night replay in about 2002, but Fox from what I understand still had their callers do the games.

1 Like

I think Seven produced the Super 12 games for FOX until 01.

Yeah it’s the first I’ve seen. I didn’t think ch9 would allow it. Guess they don’t care.

1 Like