Fox Footy

Fox Footy will show the 2023 AFLW Awards live from Melbourne’s Crown Palladium tomorrow (Monday) at 7.30pm AEDT. It will include the season 8 best and fairest medal, All Australian Team, Mark of the Year, Goal of the Year and the AFLW Rising Star.

2 Likes

The AFL today announced the fixture for next year’s Community Series pre-season games, which run from February 27 to March 3. All Community Series matches will be broadcast live on Fox Footy and Kayo.

1 Like

Kath Loughnan has returned home to Perth to be closer to her family, but will continue to be part of Fox Footy, and is also working across Fox Cricket.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/fox-footy-presenter-kath-loughnan-makes-big-move/news-story/8387cb1a6faf42ea1953d362cbfb59bb

1 Like

The move for Loughnan could result in more airtime given all matches will be covered on Seven and Foxtel.
In 2022 the networks signed a landmark $4.5 billion seven year broadcast deal from 2025 to 2031.

I’m assuming it’s not meaning to imply it, but the article makes it sound like Fox will call all 9 games in 2024.

No I think it just means all Perth matches, which means she’ll be on Seven and Fox at the same time.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too

1 Like

Nick isn’t rejoining Fox

They would still be at the same media pressers, events etc if both in Melbourne.

Didn’t realise I stumbled into the big footy rumour thread.

8 Likes

At least it means Fox can have a full local crew for all Perth games now if they want to.

Kath hosting/boundary, with Adam Papalia calling, and Matthew Pavlich and Will Schofield stepping up for special comments.

8 Likes

They just need that for Adelaide & Brisbane and they can actually have commentators at the grounds

1 Like
1 Like

Gerard Whateley was awarded tonight for his work on Fox Footy and SEN

#ASCMediaAwards Best sport coverage by an individual - broadcast 🎥🎙️

🏆 @GerardWhateley | @1116sen + @FOXFOOTY

A voice of authority and passion in the coverage of Australian sport, he sets the agenda on his morning radio show @WhateleySEN & hosting #AFL360 on Fox Footy. pic.twitter.com/EA8J4SJrls

— Australian Sports Commission (@ausport) February 21, 2024

4 Likes

Hopefully Fox improves these Twitter graphics since the B looks like 8

1 Like

Honestly just 16.2 works better then G 16 B 2

2 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/big-moves-shake-up-afl-tv-landscape-with-next-bruce-mcavaney-identified/news-story/4f15d036ff0f9e19c6445f5572937025?amp

According to The Herald Sun, Whateley has approached his employers Fox Sports and SEN about getting a three-week release in order to make a brief cameo with Nine.

2 Likes

SEN should have zero problems with it, they’ve had the radio rights in the past for the olympics so could still get something out of him whilst over there (without having to pay for flights/accom).

Missing a few weeks of AFL360 again, shouldn’t be a massive issue either. Robbo does it all the time.

2 Likes

Maybe Foxtel might ask Nine to give them credit on-air during Nine Olympics? “And Fox Sports’…” or “courtesy Fox Sports”.

Let us sell Stan subscriptions through Hubbl and you can have him.

1 Like