Fox Footy

They said they’d be moving production to Adelaide for Round 5, AFL360 is live at Adelaide Oval on the Tuesday and Wednesday in the lead up to Gather round. I think they unfortunately intend to revive Best on Ground for the weekend as well.

2 Likes

Happy for him to do Port games but not Crows games, certainly not the Showdown. Have him as an expert is fine but as your very biased boundary rider is not right.

The Fox Sports logo doesn’t even fit on the mic cube. The sides of the oval are cut off.

This is going to be an issue while football media is so insular and insistent on being filled by former players.

2 Likes

I wanted to go into sports journalism and broadcasting but this is one of the reasons that turned me away and chose another career instead

4 Likes

Not solely about Fox, also touches on radio.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The Fox Footy commentary teams will cover all the action of every game live and direct from each stadium

Well that’s a lie, they don’t call every game in the round.

Good to see they’re taking so much on the road, but Couch, Bounce etc. sound like they are from the studio still.

1 Like

Given Couch is on a Monday, doesn’t matter. 360’s live from Adelaide Oval, and for whatever reason they’ve revived BOG for Saturday.

It says cover so I think they mean they will be doing pre, half & post game stuff from the ground on games that 7 will do

1 Like

“All of the action” insinuates calling as well. But yes they’ll be doing the usual pre-post etc.

Bounce could still have been there, given it’s in front of an audience.

Fox Footy’s David King shares Auld’s view that it doesn’t impact the quality and recently hit back at claims that commentators are missing aspects of the game from the studio.

“The flippant discussion that we watch the game off a TV screen couldn’t be further from the truth. Unfortunately for a whole host of reasons, we’re calling from the studios. Not going to get involved in that,” King told SEN’s Whateley after Round 3.

“We can see everything. We can see the whole field. We’ve got a wall of screens. I’ve got the ability to look behind the ball, forward of the ball, wherever your eyes go on game day, it’s the same except it’s on a wall screen.

“To say we’re missing things is wrong. You can see whatever you need to see and I have no problem with that and then combining that and the feel of the game and seeing player impact.”

1 Like

Yeah, nah

10 Likes

Good to see the Fox hosts and commentators out of the studio for once.

6 Likes

Quick look at the studios behind the scenes

5 Likes

I assume Fox is back calling non Vic games from their Melbourne studios?

1 Like

Correct (except Perth when Adam Papalia(?) calls but the rest of the team is in Melbourne).

Tonight’s panel are in suits & ties for the ANZAC Day eve game, much more professional look compared to normal.

4 Likes

Browny is up in Brisbane for the Lions’ game this weekend

1 Like

Same with Seven’s, as in fully buttoned suit jacket and ties for all, even Abbey, rare. A throwback to Ten’s AFL, where they all wore matching coloured ties.

2 Likes