Fox Footy

Also don’t think the line separating the score breakdown and the total score is necessary. And maybe the highlighted colour around the logo should match the jumper colour

3 Likes

One minor change which strikes me as odd. When the total score is being updated, the first digit changes before the second digit. So for example if the score goes from 79 to 85, it very briefly reads 89 before the second digit changes.

4 Likes

The numbers on the scoreboard not being centered really bugs me.

It should be a thin bar on the bottom like other sports around the world, only NHL is the only sport it’s still top left. Hopefully tweaks made over the coming weeks

1 Like

The score bug is similar to ESPN’s and TNT’s NHL graphics

Plenty of soccer uses top-left score bugs. World feeds of EPL and FA Cup for starters. Domestically the A League is also top-left. Super Rugby is an odd mix. Stan uses lower-left, Sky NZ uses top-left. Fox NRL is top-left while Nine NRL uses a lower bar.

So I wouldn’t say NHL is the only sport which is still top-left.

Imo there’s pros and cons to all graphic positions but in this case given Fox seems to want to use large font sizes (presumably to make it easier to read on small screens) I think a corner is less intrusive than a lower bar which would probably have a lot of unused space around the giant text.

6 Likes

Why should footy have to be like other sports around the world? Top/bottom corner graphics make sense for footy given the both aerial and low/on ground play you get with the game.

4 Likes

Fox Footy’s extensive coverage will feature a QR code which will aid donations throughout the entire broadcast.

Fox Footy has also committed to donating all advertising proceeds connected to the match.

2 Likes

Don’t mind the score bug Fox has up during the ads at HT. Not as intrusive.

The Essendon and Richmond logos now remind me of the no smoking sign!

1 Like

Graphics look good, just the scorebug needs to be fixed and go to club logos, not colours. Also the gradient of the scorebug is in the wrong place. Place it between the score and the timer, not after the Behind score. The scorebug stats - that looks awful. That needs the most fixing.

4 Likes

AFLW still using the old graphics.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

1000% agree.

And if possible the colour highlights of the logo should match the colour of the jumper worn by the teams. Maybe that’s too much to ask

1 Like

I think it will stay that way until the grand final.

1 Like

Nathan Buckley is making his Fox Footy commentary debut tonight at the Essendon v St Kilda AAMI Community Series match.

3 Likes

For some reason, the Essendon v St Kilda pre-season game was blacked out on the Foxtel Go and Foxtel Now platforms tonight. The game was only available for Foxtel cable/ satellite viewers, and streaming via Kayo.

2 Likes

Brenton Speed called back-to-back AFL practice matches in Sydney this afternoon (GWS v Collingwood and Sydney v North Melbourne).

2 Likes

Fox used the old scoreboard for AFLW but uses the new one during the ad breaks

2 Likes

It was a Seven production so it might have been shifted to Fox Footy Play + on Go and Now so they could stream Seven’s commercials. That still seems to be required for AFLW.

But it wouldn’t be the first time they’ve blacked out one channel and forgotten to flick the switch on another.