Fox Footy

Thanks.
That’s very unadventurous, last year they had guest programmers and showed some fairly interesting old matches on occasions.

I think guest programmers and the AFL national draft are still coming.

1 Like

The usual history month and Guest Programmer months in December-January. WCE marathon during the festive season

1 Like

For next season, Perth matches on Sunday will start at 5.20pm AEST, i wonder why.

It’s not all of them, round 21 isn’t.
It’s so they finish as a lead in to 7 News in Perth, like the game does in Melb.

2 Likes

Could we see Howard join the AFL Coverage following his contract with Fox Cricket?

1 Like

or even FOX Motorsport.

3 Likes

He’d probably go to motorsport if anywhere (perhaps he’d be sent around the world calling cricket, given he already does Carribbean T20).

1 Like

I’m not sure if he’ll take up the international junket (that was his position with 10 covering F1 in the 2000s) now that he has kids. But he’d be well suited to covering the IPL/Ashes/World Cup.

1 Like

I think he might host from the studios like we saw for the Pak Series and some of the BBL matches.

1 Like

Didn’t he only do the Australian GP & Bathurst 1000 for 10? Fox (if they want to) could easily utilize him for those events in a similar role

1 Like

First promo for 2019.

3 Likes

David King was fined $1200 for drink driving and fleeing the scene of a car crash. His licence was suspended for ten months.

2 Likes
1 Like

Fox Footy’s AFLW commentary team is growing at Seven’s expense. Seven can’t afford to lose the expertise of Peta Searle.

1 Like

I do wonder if another network like Nine or Ten were ever considered for AFLW?

Hamish McLachlan is hosting the AFLX draft on FOX Footy right now.

I didn’t realise has a deal with FOX, I assume he’ll still be on Seven this year?

Also on 7Mate. Looks like an AFL Media production (shot yesterday).

4 Likes

Sandy Roberts has announced his retirement from TV

2 Likes

Such a shame, he was a great addition to fox footy. But I doubt they’ll replace him as he was always used a secondary caller to their core commentary team (Hudson, Russell, Papalia, Speed)

2 Likes