Thursday Night Footy on FOX (game)

Fox Footy Live (after the footy)

FRIDAY

AFL Tonight 7pm

Friday Night Footy on FOX (game)

Fox Footy Live (after the footy)

SATURDAY

Super Saturday (games)

Best On Ground (after the footy from round three)

SUNDAY

Sunday Ticket (games)

Bounce (after the footy)

First Crack (after Bounce )

Due to Fox Footy’s coverage of AAMI Community Series, all of this weekend’s AFLW matches will be shown live on Fox Sports 503.

1 Like

Fox Footy really frustrates me by how seemingly every year, the channel merely goes through the motions of covering the AFL and AFLW seasons without really innovating and enhancing their product.^

Take the two new shows they announced today - Face-to-Face is merely just another interview show in the same mold as Open Mike & Bob while Best on Ground seems awfully similar to Bounce. Instead of using the space/time having a dedicated channel provides to experiment with different shows/ways of covering football, Fox just keeps putting out the same type of shows season-after-season and over relies on the same few people to front them (eg; Lyon, Dunstall, Brown, Riewoldt, etc).

As someone who watches a fair bit of US sport and sees the different types of shows which feature on channels like NFL Network and MLB Network, it’s frustrating how Fox doesn’t take full advantage of the potential which exists in having dedicated league channels.

^ My same gripe also equally applies to Fox League too.

4 Likes

Looks like Chloe Molloy has replaced Sarah Olle

3 Likes

Any indications we might see the new graphics tonight or will fox save it for the actual season?

1 Like

I’d say we’ll see them tonight, given panel shows have had them already.

New graphics. The goal animation on the scoreboard works much like it did previously just in the new colour scheme.

3 Likes

The new scorebug looks a bit oversized, cluttered and ugly. It will take some getting used to.

2 Likes

Like the graphics but I feel like the goals and behinds are too cramped up and the space for the score is disproportionate.

Fox’s last graphics and even the 7 graphics have equal space and it looks better, this one feels a bit cramped

The first video clip featuring the new graphics

1 Like

It’s also disappointing the team graphics on the scorebug don’t represent the colours the teams are wearing in the game. Melbourne are wearing royal blue tonight so the logo should reflect that.

3 Likes

1 Like

Still using the old graphics in the break:

2 Likes

Throwback in the ad break:

New Ad-board

2 Likes

Also don’t think the line separating the score breakdown and the total score is necessary. And maybe the highlighted colour around the logo should match the jumper colour

3 Likes

One minor change which strikes me as odd. When the total score is being updated, the first digit changes before the second digit. So for example if the score goes from 79 to 85, it very briefly reads 89 before the second digit changes.

4 Likes

The numbers on the scoreboard not being centered really bugs me.

It should be a thin bar on the bottom like other sports around the world, only NHL is the only sport it’s still top left. Hopefully tweaks made over the coming weeks

1 Like

The score bug is similar to ESPN’s and TNT’s NHL graphics