Fox Footy

It feels like various strings of AI-generated text smooshed together to form a barely coherent response.

3 Likes

I have a feeling it’s come from somewhere a long way from Australia from someone who has a script but little knowledge of Kayo or Kayo programming. I have put the matter to rest, a few days after the event it doesn’t seem to matter so much. For those who don’t agree with how I felt about this matter maybe you can understand that my football team means a lot to me.

2 Likes

It really screams pre-generated response with spots for someone to customise

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

What’s better than one score graphic? Two score graphics.

5 Likes

This could mean when Fox Footy shows AFL and AFLW matches produced by Seven, viewers will be able to choose between commentary from Fox Footy and Seven.

3 Likes

I think it means that if you watch the 7 produced games on Fox, it will have Fox commentary & graphics

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s just making it obvious to viewers that they won’t have to listen to Seven. Although I would love to see MaddenCast esque alternate calls available.

The AFL announced the 2024 fixture this afternoon, with dates and times for the Opening Round and Round 1 to 15 confirmed so far.

From Round 1 to Round 9, the Sunday matches will start at either 1pm or 4pm Melbourne time. From Round 10 onwards it is back to 1.10pm, 3.20pm and 4.40pm AEST.

1 Like

Fox Footy will broadcast the 2023 AFL Draft live from Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium on Monday and Tuesday (November 20-21) at 7pm AEDT.

Harley Reid shapes as a generational talent to whichever team selects him. As the 2023 AFL Draft begins, where will he be playing football in 2024?

2 Likes

I just switched on Fox Footy for the AFLW final (it is quarter time), and the Quarter Time scoreboard graphic during the ad break is for last night’s Adelaide v Sydney game. Why do they bother with this feature as they rarely get it right.

3 Likes

Might be a stupid question but what channel is this cap from?

/satire

Fox Fox Fox Fox Fox!

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s Stan Sport :joy:

2 Likes

Paramount+

wait, wrong alternative timeline-

1 Like

Fox Footy will show the 2023 AFLW Awards live from Melbourne’s Crown Palladium tomorrow (Monday) at 7.30pm AEDT. It will include the season 8 best and fairest medal, All Australian Team, Mark of the Year, Goal of the Year and the AFLW Rising Star.

2 Likes

The AFL today announced the fixture for next year’s Community Series pre-season games, which run from February 27 to March 3. All Community Series matches will be broadcast live on Fox Footy and Kayo.

1 Like

Kath Loughnan has returned home to Perth to be closer to her family, but will continue to be part of Fox Footy, and is also working across Fox Cricket.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/fox-footy-presenter-kath-loughnan-makes-big-move/news-story/8387cb1a6faf42ea1953d362cbfb59bb

1 Like

The move for Loughnan could result in more airtime given all matches will be covered on Seven and Foxtel.
In 2022 the networks signed a landmark $4.5 billion seven year broadcast deal from 2025 to 2031.

I’m assuming it’s not meaning to imply it, but the article makes it sound like Fox will call all 9 games in 2024.

No I think it just means all Perth matches, which means she’ll be on Seven and Fox at the same time.

4 Likes