Fox Footy

Jess Webster is amazing, Fox need to use her more often.

4 Likes

Pretty much nailed it there.

You do have to wonder (and yes, I’m totally going to be that person) if the same amount of online hate would have happened if someone like say, Brian Taylor or Dwayne Russell had made that blunder. Something tells me that probably wouldn’t be the case.

With that said, by any standard that was an awful error. Yikes. So much so that The Front Bar featured it in the first five minutes last night. I wonder if she had a moment of stage fright or a sudden bout of anxiety, because an error like that is very rare.

On a positive note, I would really like to see Jess call a game on TV - have heard her on ABC Radio and she’s a solid caller! Here’s hoping Fox give her that chance.

3 Likes

I feel like it would’ve been the same to be honest, given it was a pretty major cock up that was broadcast live after all. Good to see the Front Bar Boys take the Mickey out of it as well.

The bio of the Giants Twitter & Instagram read - the orange team, it’s back to normal now

3 Likes

To be honest I don’t even think Kelli had an error with forgetting who the GWS Giants were, it was just a clumsy turn of phrase that was made painfully obvious by the pause.

She has her ups and downs but the reality is people watch her more because she is the only woman calling regularly on TV. I’d love to see Jess Webster get a go as well - just not instead of Kelli. The more variety in the box the better I think.

1 Like

With the Dogs a chance of getting into the top eight with a victory (and then a chance of getting knocked out again by Carlton), Fox Footy are running a live ladder graphic.

If the Dogs win and Carlton are fighting to get back in the eight, it will be interesting to see if Seven do something similar or if Fox run the graphic on top of Seven’s feed.

11 Likes

That is quite smart

5 Likes

i love when they do this, no doubt they will keep it for the saints sydney and blues pies game, they did this last year with the brisbane vs west coast, where they needed to pump west coast to secure top 4.

2 Likes

Fox Footy to televise the All Australian & other Awards on Wednesday with AFL360 during the dinner break. First time in two years that the AA night has been held live in the room and not televised as a pre-recorded event.

2 Likes

Not showing on the Collingwood v Carlton game yet but it’s updating on the Hawks v Dogs game as the Carlton’s percentage has taken a hit in that game.

Hopefully if dogs hang on and it’s still needed they will find a way to keep it on in the other game if it’s still close. Maybe over where they have the scores from other games, that might actually be what they’re waiting for.

1 Like

St Kilda is basically out of the running now with their poor percentage but Sydney is chasing top 4 so the live ladder will be handy

2 Likes

I guess it’s a graphic the OBs have access to but not Pres. Seven have flashed up a live ladder graphic a handful of times but nothing permanent sadly.

Second half of Saints V Swans showing the current standing of the ladder, after Collingwood’s win at the MCG.

2 Likes

7 had it at times

4 Likes

They also had this up for the last few minutes:

4 Likes

As per the OzTam data, 230,000 watched Carlton v Collingwood on Channel 503 yesterday, one of the biggest audiences for Fox Footy’s coverage for the year.

5 Likes

AFLW Round 2:

1 Like

That 4K logo is awful.

5 Likes

Katie Brennan will provide special comments for both Fox Footy and Seven’s coverage of the upcoming AFLW season.

2 Likes

Jason Dunstall to host Saturday night’s coverage of Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs, always nice seeing the Chief leading match coverage.

5 Likes