Fox Cricket

So Seven and Foxtel are both using the “your new home of cricket” line? I suppose that’s okay, as one is FTA and the other STV. But Seven have been using that line for months now in those promos with Ponting.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-C1-D3.html

Ether this hasn’t been updated or some one has got the numbers wrong…

What a wank. Can’t really be the home of cricket if they’re missing two formats in its entirety. Men’s International ODIs cricket. Men’s International T/20

Fox Sports have announced they’ve renewed their partnership with the Caribbean Premier League, and will be broadcasting the tournament for the next four years. The 2018 tournament begins tomorrow (August 9) at 10am with David Warner taking the field for the St Lucia Stars.

4 Likes

Former Channel 9 Cricket executive producer Brad McNamara was also confirmed to be working on the Fox Cricket Coverage

Fox will also increase the level of the stump mics during its coverage of Twenty20 and ODI matches, and have the support of Australian players.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/stumpmics-to-be-cranked-up-leaving-nowhere-to-hide-for-australian-cricketers/news-story/7f867e9cdd8616e25f4b273359540f69

2 Likes

I assume that Australian tests, ODIs, Twenty20s and selected BBL games which will be broadcast on Foxtel’s 4K channel, will also be simulcast on Fox Cricket channel? Or will two different matches be shown on different channels if they are held at the same time (e.g. BBL on 4K channel and women’s ODI on Fox Cricket)?

Love that News Corp hack headline.

I’m tipping only the 16 BBL matches Fox Cricket have exclusively will be in 4K, given the announcement of Seven producing the 43 other games.

Simulcast on the Fox Cricket and 4K channels no doubt.

1 Like

Looks like Andrew Symonds and Mark Howard will be part of Fox Cricket, as well as Fox Sports presenter Jess Yates.

5 Likes

Mark Howard in, me out.

Yates is becoming the Brenton Speed of hosting considering her current roles with Fox’s NRL and Supercars coverage. Have no doubt that she’ll be great in her new role as well

2 Likes

Howie hinted on radio a few weeks ago he’d be covering the BBL on TV, but it was all hush hush and needed to be kept that way. Had he previously been announced?

No I believe this is the first time Howie or Andrew Symonds have been aligned with Fox…

So basically Ten’s BBL commentary team was split in half.
To Fox Sports: Gilchrist, Howard, Symonds, M. Waugh, Jones
To Seven: Ponting, Fleming, Sthalekar plus David Barham (producer)

1 Like

Got the ladies mixed up - Jones has joined Fox while Sthalekar is with Seven

Not a surprise he’s leaving ten. There is nothing for him to do there.

Ten is a sporting desert. Nothing exclusive, barely any actual live sports that the masses watch. Disaster!

5 Likes

All thanks to the management of the past, well done Murdoch and Co for that one. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes