Fox Cricket

Yeah but Sri Lanka in the past don’t have great form in Australia.

Isn’t that irrelevant though, both teams are very changed from when they last met 6 years ago.

Fair enough, Australia will still most likely start favourites for the series because it’s on home soil despite felding a B or C grade team.

Fox Sports The Only Place To See Every Big Bash League Match Live

Every match live, ad break free during play and in HD
Plus 16 matches EXCLUSIVELY LIVE on FOX SPORTS

The explosive Big Bash League (BBL) returns home to FOX SPORTS, on Foxtel, this summer with all 59 games of the expanded competition LIVE, ad break free during play and in HD.

After launching the BBL in 2011, the new home of cricket is set to make the summer sporting hit bigger and better when it blasts into action in December.

Australia’s first dedicated 24/7 cricket channel, FOX Cricket, will be the only place to see every game including 16 EXCLUSIVELY LIVE BBL blockbusters, headlined by two anticipated derbies, the Sydney Smash and the Melbourne Derby.

Foxtel CEO, Patrick Delany said: “We are thrilled the BBL is returning to FOX SPORTS. As the founding partner we helped create what is summer’s most entertaining sporting spectacle.

“And this year, it’s going to get even better. More matches, new venues and more of the commentators fans love. Gilchrist, Warne, Waugh, Lee, O’Keeffe, Guha – to name a few.

“And with Foxtel the new home of cricket, fans will receive bumper to bumper action with Tests rolling into Big Bash matches. All live and ad break free during play for the first time on a dedicated channel, FOX Cricket.

It doesn’t get much better than that.”

In addition to FOX SPORTS’ start-to-finish coverage of BBL 08, cricket fans will be able to watch all men’s Test matches, One-Day and T20 Internationals, LIVE ad break free during play and in HD, starting with Australia’s tour of the UAE in October.

Women’s cricket will receive unprecedented coverage from this summer with FOX Cricket showing 23 WBBL games LIVE, ad break free during play and in HD plus women’s internationals and the World Twenty20 in November.

FOX SPORTS is exclusively available on Foxtel.

They have NEVER won a Test Match in Australia before. So far they have won 4 games out of 22.

2 Likes

A bit curious, but there is a TBC during the Home and Away Season. Does Cricket Australia determine the venues for the matches?

Sydney Thunder v Hobart Hurricanes will more likely to be played at a secondary venue. I believe that the Sydney Thunder will have secondary home games at Manuka Oval, Canberra. Last yr, Sydney Thunder played a match against Melbourne Renegades in Canberra where the Renegades won the match by 9 runs.
I guess that the Renegades v Strikers will be played at Geelong. Last year, Melbourne Renegades played against Sydney Sixers at the GMHBA Stadium, Geelong, where the Renegades beat Sixers by 8 wickets.
For the first time ever, a Big Bash game will be played on the Gold Coast. There will be three games on the Gold Coast. Melbourne Stars will play a home game on the Gold Coast against Thunder. This will be the first time that Stars will play a home game outside of MCG.
Scorchers have moved their home games to the new Perth Stadium.

Sunday 10 February 2019 is the start of the 2019 Ratings Season. This will be the first time that the Big Bash League will overlap during the ratings season.

For the Stars home game that’s TBC, they sent an email out confirming 5 BBL matches at the MCG - so presumably the game would be somewhere else.

If the Renegades are taking on GMHBA Stadium as their secondary home, then perhaps holding the game at Eureka Stadium in Ballarat would work - but given the Gold Coast game, maybe it’ll end up in Canberra.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s because Michael Clake isn’t a good commentator.

6 Likes

That just frees him up to offer to come back as Australian captain again.

3 Likes

Nine will probably sign him now, like with Taylor, so he definitely can’t go anywhere. Sports Sunday, any cricket they do get and other shows?

I think Nine would only use him on a freelance basis for lower costs, rather than tie him to a contract given no one seems interested in him.

3 Likes

Clarke was commentating in the IPL earlier this year so he could find work commentating in overseas T20 competitions, of which there are many

1 Like

Don’t forget Macquarie, Crocmedia and ABC Radio Networks.

1 Like
1 Like

Good little fluff piece from News Corp there. But the I agree with the opening sentiments of the article in that both networks have assembled equally good teams. As a cricket fan it is hard to know what I will watch more, will probably flick between them to start with but the ad-break free coverage on Fox may win me over.

3 Likes

If you have Foxtel, it doesn’t make much sense to be then watching the cricket on Channel 7 when you’re paying $29 a month for ad free coverage of the cricket

The question for Foxtel is how many subscribers who pay primarily for the AFL/NRL coverage in Winter will continue their subscription for the Summer

3 Likes

Exactly & if you live in a area where Channel 7 is only available in SD, then there’s only one option Fox Cricket.

As a cricket and media enthusiast though I am interested to see how both present their coverage so I’ll still be flicking even though I pay for Foxtel. Obviously when the family are gathered on Boxing Day we’ll probably just leave it on Fox but when I’m home after work and watching on my own I’ll take in both.

4 Likes

I have foxtel primarally for motorsport and i normally call up after the Abu Dhabi GP and drop sports, but as a cricket lover i will not be doing so this year/

2 Likes