Fox Cricket

FOX Cricket equivalent of a “Channel Change” advice below (whereby tonight’s WBBL moved from 501 to 505 just prior tu the end of the Sydney Thunder innings finishing to accommodate the Men’s World Cup in India).

Doesn’t seem to load?

It’s just an image, not a video. Or you can’t see the image either?

Nup (could just be me but I have refreshed), looks as though it might be missing the file format?

EDIT Looks like it might just be me or the site overall

1 Like

Interesting that the Hindi feed of the World Cup Semis is on FOX Sports as well as the English one.

Would be the case last night and on Sunday for the Final too.

6 Likes

As has become the norm for the past few years of ICC tournaments:

It’s a good little addition to the platform that should be advertised more to promote subscribers.

EDIT: just seeing now RH, interesting they actually put it on the channel rather than just Kayo.

1 Like

Fox Cricket’s live and exclusive coverage of the 5-match T20 series between India and Australia starts late tonight / early Friday morning. Game 1 coverage starts at midnight AEDT with first ball at 12.30am AEDT.

Both India and Australia have rested several players who were involved in Sunday’s Cricket World Cup final.

3 Likes

New world feed coming from India for the T20 series against Australia Jio cinema are the host broadcaster by the looks taking over from star sports who covered the ODI before the world cup

2 Likes

New graphics as well rolled out

3 Likes

Yep:

Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s Viacom18 media conglomerate has won both digital and TV rights for India’s domestic cricket matches for five years from Sept. 2023 to March 2028 . The rights do not include the Cricket World Cup later this year, which are held by Disney Star.

Viacom18, who takes over the BCCI media rights from Disney Star, already owns digital rights for the IPL, and both digital and TV rights for the Women’s Premier League (WPL).

1 Like

Good to see the proper broadcast rolled out for the Stadium Series matches in the WBBL. Think this is Fox’s first ever exclusive women’s broadcast given the “real” broadcast quality?

4 Likes

https://x.com/michaelvaughan/status/1728377591802065198?s=46

3 Likes

From Fox Cricket’s point of view, losing the ICC rights is a significant blow as it reduces the appeal of the channel. It doesn’t have much live cricket in between Australian cricket seasons, apart from Indian Premier League, Caribbean Premier League, The Hundred, plus international cricket played in England (except the Ashes) and New Zealand.

5 Likes

Sure - but I think it’s a good thing there’s another competitor to Foxtel.

3 Likes

Fox Cricket’s live and exclusive coverage of the 4-day tour match between Prime Minister’s XI and Pakistan in Canberra starts tomorrow (Wednesday) at 10.20am AEDT.

3 Likes

“Live and exclusive” is it not on CN this year?

Exclusive as in not on FTA.

1 Like

Seems to be a CN simulcast but given the full broadcast treatment in terms of cameras (unusually). Well not full Test levels in terms of quantity but “proper” broadcast cameras. Has been live-stream quality since the T20 against SA in 2018.

BJ and Skull the opening partnership in comms, haven’t been on screen so I assume they’re in Sydney off-tube.

1 Like

Basically looks like a similar setup to how Foxtel covers the 50-Over Cup games - which is not necessarily a bad thing if it means an upgrade from the usual Cricket Network offering.

1 Like

Absolutely. Still the half-size graphics but an improvement none-the-less.

Adam Peacock back on Fox airwaves calling at first change alongside former Channel Nine EP of Cricket Brad McNamara.