Fox Cricket

At least the Gem stream on 9now is in HD. I’d prefer they switched it to the main channel after prime time though.

4 Likes

I’d rather have Fox Cricket simulcast the Ashes in HD

Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Set To Reach New Heights On Fox Sports

Nearly double the LIVE action with 23 matches live on FOX SPORTS
Unprecedented coverage for women on the new home of cricket

The new look Rebel Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) will come to life on FOX SPORTS, only on Foxtel, after Cricket Australia today announced the 2018-19 WBBL schedule.

Launching on December 1 with a standalone weekend featuring all eight teams, every match across the opening weekend will be shown LIVE on the new home of cricket, FOX Cricket.

Across the season, FOX Cricket will broadcast 23 matches LIVE and ad break free during play, nearly double the number of televised matches from last season.

More blockbusters plus all the finals will be shown LIVE on FOX Cricket with a stack of big matches featuring across the summer.

Boxing Day will witness the first ever night match between the Perth Scorchers and Brisbane Heat before a New Year’s Eve showdown featuring the Adelaide Strikers and Sydney Sixers. A Melbourne derby will be held on New Year’s Day when the Stars take on the Renegades before the ‘Sydney Smash’ lights up the screen the following day.

Head of FOX SPORTS, Peter Campbell said: “FOX SPORTS is gearing up to deliver the biggest summer of women’s cricket ever. Australia v New Zealand T20s and the World T20 Cup kick things off before the WBBL launches into action.

“Starting with a blockbuster opening round, the new home of cricket will show 23 WBBL matches including all the finals live and ad break free during play.

“Across December and January, the WBBL will feature alongside the Australia v India Test Series and the BBL, all on a new dedicated channel, FOX Cricket.”

Women’s cricket will be given unprecedented coverage this summer, with FOX Cricket broadcasting New Zealand’s T20 and ODI’s tours of Australia along with the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 in November.

FOX Cricket full details to be revealed in the near future.

FOX SPORTS is available exclusively on Foxtel.

FULL FOX SPORTS WBBL SCHEDULE

Sat 1 Dec: Perth Scorchers v Hobart Hurricanes
Sat 1 Dec: Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars
Sun 2 Dec: Adelaide Strikers v Brisbane Heat
Sun 2 Dec: Melbourne Renegades v Sydney Thunder
Fri 7 Dec: Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers
Sat 8 Dec: Brisbane Heat v Perth Scorchers
Sat 8 Dec: Sydney Sixers v Sydney Thunder
Sun 9 Dec: Sydney Thunder v Brisbane Heat
Sat 15 Dec: Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder
Sun 16 Dec: Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes
Fri 21 Dec: Sydney Thunder v Hobart Hurricanes
Sun 23 Dec: Adelaide Strikers v Melbourne Stars
Wed 26 Dec: Perth Scorchers v Brisbane Heat
Sun 30 Dec: Hobart Hurricanes v Brisbane Heat
Mon 31 Dec: Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Sixers
Wed 2 Jan: Sydney Thunder v Sydney Sixers
Thu 3 Jan: Melbourne Renegades v Hobart Hurricanes
Tue 8 Jan: Sydney Thunder v Melbourne Renegades
Thu 10 Jan: Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Stars
Mon 14 Jan: Melbourne Stars v Sydney Sixers
Sat 19 Jan: TBC v TBC (Semi Final)
Sat 19 Jan: TBC v TBC (Semi Final)
Sat 26 Jan: TBC v TBC (Final)

See the full WBBL schedule here.

1 Like

Why are they mentioning that game when it’s not on Fox Sports!

Fox Cricket will probably be showing BBL doubleheader on New Year’s Day. Although I can’t understand why Fox Sports does not use its five other channels to show WBBL when BBL is on, similar to Fox Sports 503 showing AFL games on weekends if there is another game on Fox Footy.

Cricket Australia are announcing the BBL fixtures for this summer on Wednesday morning, however the list has been leaked early online. Includes details of the 16 matches to be shown exclusively on Fox Cricket.

All Saturday Games On Pay TV Only, A Departure from the Games Ten Covered.

And an exclusive derby game in Melbourne and Sydney

That’s one of several bizarre scheduling decisions (eg; abandoining having consistent starting times)

The big thing that stands out is Seven’s influence in shaping the schedule. For example, seemingly MKR’s season premiere (28th January) & 1st Sunday episode (3rd February) will both lead into a Big Bash game out of Perth

A Tuesday double header at the end of Jan?

The three matches scheduled on 24, 27, 28 January will be interesting as they’re on during the day-night test against Sri Lanka in Brisbane. Play for the test is scheduled to begin at 3pm AEDT each day, which means all of those matches could clash with that test. Unless play in those BBL games won’t start until stumps? Interesting to see how it plays out…

Cricket Australia killing the goose that laid the golden egg… too many games… poor scheduling coupled with a rights deal that involves fox and seven. They’re screwing themselves over.

8 Likes

The full list of fixtures for BBL|08 have been announced by Cricket Australia this morning. The clash between the Brisbane day-night test and a BBL fixture at the MCG has been confirmed. This would have to be one of the poorer scheduling decisions made by CA I think…

For the first time, a BBL match will be staged simultaneously with a home Test.

As day four of Australia’s day-night Test against Sri Lanka unfolds at the Gabba, the Melbourne Stars will face Brisbane Heat at the MCG. Intriguingly, that game will be held at the same time as the men’s final of the Australian Open, only a short walk away at Rod Laver Arena.

2 Likes

Sri Lanka are woeful. I’d be confident they won’t see out that long and there’ll be no clash.

3 Likes

smacked SA last week - and yes I know it was on their doctored- sorry well prepared- pitch

I know. Won’t last, especially on tour.

1 Like

Both Sri Lanka Tests should be over in 2 & a half days max.

Love seeing India, especially at the MCG, hope CA will always try India as a priority country to play.

Don’t think so.

With Australia only having a B or C level team I think these will be 5 day nail biters.