Fox Cricket

September to December for WBBL is far too spread out. I think it will be from September to October.

What does the WBBL have to do with the men’s T20 World Cup?

Sorry I’m referring to women’s t20 World Cup not the Men’s.

Neither the mens or womens BBL overlap with either World Cup. So I still don’t get your point.

By the time we get to Mens t20 World Cup in October-November 2020, it will without a doubles overlap with WBBL06 and I think that this would cause more confusion. THeres no other big stadiums that can use (apart from Launceston, Metricon stadium, North Sydney Oval, WACA where they don’t host the Men’s World Cup

Have a look at the Men’s T20 World Cup fixture and you’ll realise this statement is :poop::poop::poop::poop:

Adelaide international schedule 2019-20

27 October (Sunday): men’s Gillette T20I, Australia v Sri Lanka (Adelaide Oval) 2pm start.

29 November-3 December: men’s Domain Second Test, Australia v Pakistan (Adelaide Oval) 2pm start.

Cricket Australia expects to announce next season’s domestic schedules, including WBBL and BBL, early next month.

That’s it for adelaide and this is direct from SACA members email.

MCG will only host two men’s international matches next summer - a T20 match against Sri Lanka on November 1 and the Boxing Day test against NZ.
As reported by News Corp, Australia will play Pakistan in a T20 game on Melbourne Cup night (November 5), but in Canberra.
CA and Fox Cricket will be very annoyed that Australia is forced to travel to India in January to play 3 one-day matches. Fox Cricket’s coverage ends with the three-game ODI series between Australia and NZ at the SCG on March 13 (day/night) and 15, and in Hobart on March 20 (day/night).

2 Likes

Great to see Fox Cricket will be broadcasting warm up matches for the upcoming World Cup, beginning 24 May with Sri Lanka vs South Africa. Followed by Australia vs England the next day.

5 Likes

Did they broadcast the warm up games in 2015?

No, Fox Sports didn’t show any practice games when Australia and NZ hosted the tournament in 2015.

2 Likes

Commentators for the 2019 Cricket World Cup were announced

The only Australians are Michael Clarke, Michael Slater and Mark Nicholas. Quite a few big names missing including Shane Warne.

1 Like

That’s a shame with Warne missing out…

I think he’s a very good commentator.

4 Likes

Mel Jones is there too!

Clarke is an odd one, given Fox and Seven had no interest in him over the summer.

Would expect Shane Warne to pop up on Star Sports India, who I understand have picked up a lot of others for studio shows.

Not Australian.

1 Like

Although the way he used to commentate on Nine, you’d be forgiven for thinking he was.

3 Likes

Also important to note that while Star Sports India has global rights to the upcoming Cricket World Cup, International Cricket Council will produce the coverage in-house for the first time, through its ICC TV unit as the article points out.

Did Star Sports previously produce the coverage?

Yes it did. When Australia and NZ hosted the 2015 tournament, there was some controversy with Star Sports using foreign crew instead of local cameramen, angering the media union.

6 Likes