Fox Cricket

There’s a countdown next to the watermark for the first ODI.

Can’t believe they kept the same crappy 11:20am start time for the Perth ODIs. That was purely a Channel 9 thing and should be changed back to normal start times.

And when did Cricket Australia become an organisation with any idea? This is the same organisation that thinks it can grow the ODI game with them being shown on Fox and not on free to air.

Next weeks ODI game in adelaide, normally has three areas sold out weeks before the game, GA, Bronze and silver! This year no area is sold out and unlikely to be sold out. Watch for an empty oval next Friday and an even lower ODI crowd watching it on TV.

2 Likes

I suspect ultimately CA picked the stupidest possible time to go to Pay TV. The interest in the game has crashed after the ball tampering saga and continues to lose face after this week’s developments.

It needs to be on FTA currently. The good times have gone and while it has the potential for a quick rebuild, going and paywalling your content when you’ve lost the respect of the public is a poor move.

12 Likes

any blame that could be attributed to the Fox deal and loss of FTA coverage will instead be put on the rebuild/ball tampering/leadership turmoil. It won’t be for a few years before they’ll admit anything about that, if ever.

4 Likes

With ODIs restricted to Pay TV, they should start at around 2pm or 2.30pm local time, even if it means eastern state viewers have to stay up late for the finish.

2 Likes

hell as a kid staying up late to watch the end of a perth day nighter was a great event for me - we’d order pizza and coke and watch the game until the end

7 Likes

Backlash?, it not like viewers didn’t know this was going to happen, news about this broke back in April.

1 Like

Remember you’re preaching to the converted in a media forum. We have an interest in these deals. Most people couldn’t care less, I’m Grandstand today, both Al Nicholson and Quentin Hull discussed how they’d been speaking to people this week who have no idea Seven won’t be showing the ODI series. I really don’t see the use of the anti siphoning list if this is the outcome.

1 Like

How many people even know that there’s an ODI game tomorrow?

4 Likes

Damn! If this is Frankie’s, I’ll have to stick to using preaching to the choir

People won’t realise until it happens and there should be mighty fury and anger poured down on CA and fox and seven for all of this. This is the worst rights deal in the history of the sport. It’s diabolical and cricket will rue the day they sold their souls to that vile fox organization.

Let’s hope CA suffer for this and fox do not get any extra subscribers.

7 Likes

Probably the most unintentionally funny line ever posted on Media Spy. Good lord.

2 Likes

Hyperbolic for effect

Which I think is why CA are seemingly doing free streaming - to take the edge off the attacks before fully paywalling it, either for the BBL or matches against India.

It’s ironic that the next time Australians can see Australia’s mens team play an ODI on FTA will be next year’s World Cup on Nine…

1 Like

They might do it until Foxtel’s ‘Project Martian’ OTT sports service launches in December

Fox Cricket App now available

Get ready for cricket like never before and keep up to date with your teams’ latest news, scores and best video and match vision with the FOX CRICKET App, which is available to download now.

The FOX CRICKET App is free to download and is available for iPhone and Android Smartphone devices – simply visit the App Store – Apple or Google Play store and search FOX CRICKET.

For the first time, eligible Foxtel subscribers who take the Sports Pack will soon be able to stream the FOX CRICKET Channel (501) inside the app, with the best commentary from our team of stars including Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Isa Guha.

The FOX CRICKET App will allow fans to keep up-to-date with all the latest cricket news and follow matches with the easiest fixtures and results page you’ll ever use. Every wicket from the Big Bash League and every Australian international played both locally and overseas will fall inside the new and improved match centres, including match highlights, player and team stats and so much more.

Users will also be able to navigate to the FOX CRICKET Clubhouse within the App giving them access to games such as “Streaker” (cricket’s first accumulative trivia game), “So You Think You Can Commentate” (where fans can generate commentary videos for the chance to commentate at a Big Bash League match) and enter competitions including exclusive money can’t buy experiences.

The match heralds a new era for cricket broadcasting in Australia with FOX CRICKET and Foxtel set to deliver the biggest and best line-up of cricket ever offered in the one place.

And it all kicks off today when Australia takes on South Africa in the first One Day International of the summer on home soil from Perth’s Optus Stadium.

FOX CRICKET will broadcast every ODI and T20I throughout November – three ODIs and one T20 against South Africa and three T20I against second ranked India.

The FOX CRICKET team will be headlined by Adam Gilchrist and Shane Warne, and also includes Mark Waugh, Isa Guha, Andrew Symonds, Mike Hussey, Brett Lee, Allan Border, Ian Healy, Mel Jones, Kerry O’Keeffe, Michael Vaughan, Brendon Julian, Jessica Yates, Mark Howard, Mitchell Johnson, Darren Lehmann, John Hastings, Ellyse Perry, Alyssa Healy, Neroli Meadows, Sarah Jones, Katherine Loughnan, Alex Blackwell, Tom Morris and Megan Barnard. International voices Graeme Smith, Harsha Bhogle and Russel Arnold will provide expert opinion on the visiting teams.

“The FOX CRICKET App is a must for all cricket fans providing features that will allow them to get closer to the game than ever before,” Head of FOX SPORTS Peter Campbell said.

“Furthermore our nation of couch-bound umpires can have their say on cricket decisions with a new feature called ‘Your Call’. This new feature allows fans to cast their vote on decisions as they happen”.

“Importantly the FOX CRICKET App is free to download and eligible Foxtel subscribers who log in will soon be able to watch the FOX CRICKET channel live in the App, providing them with an unrivalled experience, wherever and whenever, at home or on the go.”

In addition to the FOX CRICKET App, cricket fans can also access the latest news and results, comprehensive video highlights and plenty of insights from the FOX CRICKET commentators with regular podcasts, columns and live Q&As via Foxsports.com.au.

Whether it’s South Africa or India’s tour of Australia or the BBL and WBBL we’ve got you covered.

FOX CRICKET – its cricket like never before.

Download the FOX CRICKET App for FREE now!

Thankfully many media organizations putting the boot into this atrocious rights deal today in preparation for the outrage that it’s not on free to air.

1 Like

So far none of the articles I’ve seen have clarified the live stream situation though, which would have been useful.

From the cricket.com.au website: