Footy Furnace

FOOTY FURNACE

Premieres Sunday 17 March 10:10 pm AFL markets 1 hour

Tom Morris, Leigh Matthews and Jimmy Bartel recap the highs and lows from the latest round of football.

4 Likes

This’ll be good, not sure about the host though, somebody more notable and less controversial would’ve been better

Bit late for a Sunday night? However, is understandable if MAFS and 60 minutes has bloated episodes each week

It’s earlier than Footy Classifed. That airs at 10:30pm/ 10:45pm.

4 Likes

Plus didn’t they say it was going to be on 9Now earlier and then air on 9 later.

5 Likes

Correct, both Footy Classified and Footy Furnace will be uploaded to 9Now earlier in the evening before being shown on the main channel around 10pm or so.

1 Like

Looks like no airing on GEM for NSW/QLD, plenty of space in the schedule with program repeats running at 4am (could repeat it there in all markets).

1 Like

What would the point be though?

To get coverage into NSW and QLD at an acceptable position in the schedule.

4 Likes

I’m interested to see what they do with the set.

1 Like
9 Likes

Looks good. Great seeing this set take on another format. Very versatile.

Nine State Election Coverage
Melbourne New Years Fireworks
Footy Classified
Sunday Footy Show
Nines Tennis Coverage
Nines Cricket Coverage
Footy Furnace

9 Likes

Even though I know it’s not going to happen, but would rather that Nine use this studio for federal elections than the warehouse studio in Sydney.

Note the adjusted schedule for tonight with Footy Furnace’s 9:40pm start time bumping 9 New Late to 10.40pm

09:40 pm Footy Furnace Series Premiere
10:40 pm 9News Late
11:10 pm Transplant Series Premiere
12:00 am Family Law Rpt

3 Likes

Is this in all states or just AFL states?

Probably too small for that but could host an element of it if you didn’t have a massive team.

1 Like

Later start time (i.e. live on FTA rather than 9Now at 7:30) because of the later finish to matches today.

5 Likes

The references to heat and hot seem incredibly shoe horned in just to relate to the shows title.

But seeing they’re doing it, let’s continue it:
Tom Morris isn’t easy to warm to.

3 Likes