Footy Classified

I would expect them to keep it at 7:30 even if the cricket finishes early. Would hate to sit down only to find they have moved it elsewhere for such a safe timeslot.

Showing 10:50pm on the main channel in Melbourne.

1 Like

If Nine was ā€˜testing the watersā€™ for Footy Classified in the early 7.30pm last night, the show ranked just 17th in Melbourne and 18th in Adelaide. So I donā€™t think that will develop into anything permanent. They would have done better with a Travel Guides repeat at 7.30 the FC to follow.

3 Likes

I think the problem is its never advertised or promoted. All I know is the show airs Mon and Weds and each day I check to see where and when its airing for that night. Last night was a prime example, that I just happen to catch it at 7.30.

Also, they need to give Bartel some camera training. He not once looks at the camera and always looks very awkward trying to get his points across.

3 Likes

I think they had no choice last night because of the World Aquatic Championships airing later that evening.

If Nine stuck to regular timeslots of 10pm each Monday, and 8.30pm each Wednesday, both nights on the main channel, that would be good, but itā€™s been difficult this year with Nine having lots of sport committments (State of Origin, Ashes, Wimbledon, Swimming etc.)

Agree. Matthew Lloyd is miles ahead with his on-air presentation skills. The Wednesday panel have great chemistry but yes, Jimmy comes across very awkwardly sometimes.

3 Likes

Craig Hutchison genuinely being disappointed that North didnā€™t tank on the weekend, and not able to see the point of the rest of the panel last night was truly mind boggling.

Im glad the other three called him out on it.

2 Likes

Some different elements of the set used last Wednesday for Ross Lyonā€™s appearance on the show.

2 Likes

Very interesting indeed. Donā€™t think weā€™ve seen this ā€œgrillā€ setup since the set upgrade? The setup infamous for Richmondā€™s 10 year plan.

What I wanna know is where that camera on Ross is?

They are doing their job well if you donā€™t know.

3 Likes

Source: Facebook/Footy on Nine

2 Likes

Ah ok

Looks like the Hot Seat has found a new gig :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The final two episodes of 2023 season will be shown tonight and Wednesday (September 27).

1 Like

Disappointing thereā€™s no Monday show after the Grand Final

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure On The Couch and AFL 360 do post Grand Final wrap episodes.

2 Likes

Yeah I know so why donā€™t FC?

On 3AWā€™s Wide World of Sports this evening, a listener called in and asked the same question to Matthew Lloyd. Lloyd said there was no Monday post-GF episode of Footy Classified because of the Sunday Footy Show, however he was open to such an episode in the future.

1 Like

No Wednesday show either. Would have been great to see Eddie review the Grand Final.

1 Like

Thank god that didnā€™t happen.

1 Like

According to Sunday Herald Sunā€™s Fiona Byrne, for this year the show will be available early evening ā€” possibly around 7.30pm ā€” on 9Now on Monday and Wednesday nights, before being seen on Nineā€™s main channel later that evening.

4 Likes