Football⚽️

Its frigging terrible. Even for A-League. And yes, I’ve been there.

Public transport accessibility is shit, the hill becomes a quagmire when it rains, seats are shit, its too small and certain areas are death traps. It would barely qualify for their National League (division under League Two)

1 Like

What a great experience. hahaha

1 Like

I’m aware, they play on the “US” schedule, while we and now the AFC play on the “European” schedule. It would be stupid to change to winter and go back to qualification based on a season ago. Something I believe hurts our chances of doing well in Asia.

Yes that may be the case, although the league may just give them 4 away games to start off with and backend their home games to counter this.

Potentially playing a disjointed calendar is probably the least problematic reason why we don’t do well in Asia. The quality of the A-League is poor in comparison to most top-tier club competitions around the world and our best players ply their trade elsewhere in club land.

2 Likes

Seven years after claiming their first Premier League title, Leicester City were relegated overnight, even though they beat West Ham 2-1 at home on the last day of the season.

Leeds United also went down to the EFL Championship after losing 1-4 to Tottenham Hotspur at home.

2 Likes

Poor Leicestler. Suck shit Leeds.
homer-bye

2 Likes
1 Like

It was a lopsided A-League Men grand final in Sydney tonight, with Central Coast thrashing Melbourne City 6-1 in front of more than 26,000 fans at CommBank Stadium. The Mariners led 2-1 at half time before scoring four unanswered goals in the second half to claim their second A-League title, 10 years after their first. Mariners striker Jason Cummings was the hero with three goals, including two from penalties. He won the Joe Marston Medal as the player of the match.

It was the second year in a row Melbourne City lost the grand final, after finishing as premiers at the end of regular season.

Melbourne City and Central Coast have qualified for the group stages of AFC Champions League next season.

1 Like

You had one job City. And you blew it.

Hopefully big brother gets smacked tonight so that your pathetic megaclub can suck it big time.

Not that I’m congratulating Coastie Scum in any way shape or form. Screw them.

3 Likes

Melbourne City had an awesome season, but "chocked’ in the Grand Final.

Nonetheless, congrats to the Mariners for winning the Grand Final, with that big scoreline of 6-1.

1 Like

Always love seeing the underdogs win it all. Congrats to the Mariners on a rags-to-richies performance in football.

1 Like
1 Like

Irrespective of tonight given the AFC don’t recognise the finals.

1 Like

Tyler needs to retire.

rags-to-rags. they don’t have any money and this doesn’t change it.

Wow! I don’t think anyone saw that scoreline coming, even a Mariners win was against the odds.

Good to see the Coasties win their 2nd A-League title. One more than their F3 derby rivals Newcastle.

1 Like

What?

3 Likes

It’s the Hammers’ first European title since they won the Cup Winners’ Cup in 1965.

1 Like