Football⚽️

Correct. I don’t see an issue with it, while unfortunate.

1 Like

Spoilsports

However, IFAB’s law change does not clarify what “unfairly distract” means beyond a single example, which is already punishable by yellow cards.

Such vague language could result in the law being unevenly applied depending on the interpretation of the match officials on the day.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Semantics. Still going to be everywhere in the stadium and on the shorts/sleeves/training top.

While there’s no doubt more could be done - this is a big shift. The front-of-shirt sponsor is the most valuable advertising asset these clubs have.

They also stay in people’s memories - I’ve got no idea who the sleeve sponsor of Manchester United is, but I bet I could name all of their front-of-shirt sponsors going back to the 80s.

2 Likes

LED ads promoting gambling firms can be seen at every Premier League game. Some are deliberately targeted at Asian gamblers, as they are written in either Simplified Chinese, Thai or Japanese.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Those two should buy the Jets…we need new owners…

But who’d watch a documentary series about them finishing almost last again? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would. We are the people’s team. :laughing:

1 Like

Thank f**k our season is over. Another disappointing season.

Being a Jets fan is like being a BDSM addict. :rofl:

1 Like

And so is being a Knights fan.

And a Swans fan.

Oh wait, you are all three :rofl:

1 Like

One of these days, they will all be simulateousy successful and I will be rubbing it in everyone’s face. And you will love it. :rofl:

2 Likes

Sydney FC is the 2022/23 A-League Women champions, after it thrashed Western United 4-0 in this afternoon’s grand final at CommBank Stadium. Sydney had lost its previous three grand finals.

1 Like

Their visit coincides with last-minute negotiations between FIFA and the broadcasters of five big European countries — England, Germany, Italy, France and Spain — which president Gianni Infantino has repeatedly criticised for offering “10 to 100 times less” to broadcast the Women’s World Cup, compared with the men’s.

1 Like

1 step forward, two steps back.
So much for backing the women’s game.

1 Like

Australian Capital Territory - these two should merge with Canberra United and get in there as Canberra United.

1. Canberra Croatia FC
  2. Gungahlin United FC
    NSW
  3. APIA Leichhardt FC
  4. Fraser Park FC ← not a sodding chance.
  5. Marconi Stallions FC ← likely
  6. Rockdale Ilinden FC
  7. Sydney Olympic FC ← maybe
  8. Sydney United 58 FC ← should not be allowed thanks to their boofhead fans
  9. Sutherland Sharks FC / Cronulla Sharks ← maybe
  10. Wollongong Wolves FC ← should be in the A-League already
    Queensland
  11. Brisbane City FC
  12. Brisbane United FC (Wynnum Wolves FC, Brisbane Strikers FC, Virginia United FC) ← likely
  13. Gold Coast Knights F.C.
  14. Gold Coast United FC ← keep Clive Palmer away and we’ll talk
  15. Olympic FC
  16. Sunshine Coast FC ← possibly
    South Australia
  17. Adelaide City FC ← likely
  18. Football South Australia
    Tasmania
  19. South Hobart FC ← likely
    Victoria
  20. Avondale FC
  21. Brunswick Juventus FC
  22. Green Gully SC
  23. Heidelberg United FC
  24. Melbourne Knights FC ← likely
  25. Preston Lions FC
  26. South Melbourne FC ← likely, but the idiot fan that is SMFCMike on Twitter should be the sole reason they’re not invited

See, if they were clever, there would already by a 2nd division if you formed it around the nucleus of
Western United and McArthur FC, plus Wollongong and Canberra.

2 Likes