Football⚽️

Excuse me? Did you see the cow paddock they served up for the Phoenix for their game recently?

1 Like

No need to punish their opponents too! :wink:

Why punish the Club? I would be punishing the individuals and those responsible for the illegal activity. The Club didn’t do the wrong thing nor did they tell the so called supporters to do the wrong thing.

But they’ve not told them not to in the past mate. I can’t put into words why but the clubs need to be punished for the actions of their fans.

The SCG.

There were so many discussions about a pitch invasion in the lead up to the game in what appears to be Victory affiliated groups. I feel both clubs could have been a bit stronger around behaviour in the lead up.

1 Like

Punishing the individuals/groups does nothing to stamp this out - Clubs need to take responsibility for the conduct of their fans (especially these active/ultra groups) - punishing the clubs delivers real consequences.

These active groups need to realise they aren’t bigger than the club, or the game.

2 Likes

I know what you mean but it doesn’t sit right with me because there would be nothing that the Club could have done to prevented this especially since it wasn’t their home game. If it was their home game they could have worked with AAMI Park to get more secruity guards or police patrolling. It is as if saying that the AFL gets a massive sanction because some local community Club did something wrong…

3 men have been charged

1 Like

Up until the 1970s if games were tied after extra time in knockout tournaments and there wasn’t enough time for a replay they’d actually use a coin toss or draw lots to decide who goes through so this is at least a bit fairer than that.

2 Likes

How is this comparable?

2 Likes

UPDATE:

4 Likes

French newspaper L’Equipe, known around the world as an international authority on football, gave a rating to players and coaches during the World Cup after each game with Arnold’s average of 6.75 beating out Japan manager Hajime Moriyasu’s 6.50.

Argentina manager Lionel Scaloni and Morocco boss Walid Regragui were ranked equal third, while Didier Deschamps followed in fifth position after leading France to the World Cup final.

4 Likes

I’m hearing that staff at Victory have been told to brace for job losses especially if a heavy financial sanction is handed to the Club. So sad if this is true and ends up occurring. People lose their jobs because of other peoples wrong doing…

Now “nearly 30” charged.

3 Likes

Football Australia has announced the penalties imposed on Melbourne Victory.

7News reported earlier that Ticketek has suspended sales of tickets to all Victory home matches until at least February next year.

EDIT: Melbourne Victory’s response

2 Likes

The penalties means between now and January 15 next year, crowd numbers at A-League Men matches involving Melbourne Victory will be heavily restricted. It’s not only Victory which will take a big hit financially, clubs that host Victory during the period (Western United, Central Coast and Adelaide United) will also be affected.

2 Likes

That second point. There would’ve been a good chance quite a crowd would’ve travelled to those stadiums for the games too especially the Adelaide United game.

Crowds at the next Melbourne City home matches will also be restricted.

1 Like

Where does it say that Victory Active Members cannot go to games? I’ve not seen it anywhere so where is this punishment for them?