Flashpoint

I think it’s an exception in this case given that they have 5 presenters there.

Talked about this last year, but finally have a found a picture to show that Perth does have two virtual sets in their studio complex.

3 Likes

Flashpoint is out of next week’s schedule; possibly a one off because of late running AGT.

Tonight’s Flashpoint airs at 7.30pm and is a City of Perth Lord Mayor TV Debate, with the canditates featuring current 7 employee Basil Zempalis & former TT Reporter Mark Gibson

3 Likes

That is kind of dumb. It defeats the purpose of having a chroma keyed set.

2 Likes

Not really. If they have the space then it’s easier to just leave the two desks in situ and have the (robotic) cameras swivel around rather than manually moving things in and out.

1 Like

lmao, only current or former Seven employees and ignoring the other candidates entirely. You can’t make this shit up.

Also a debate for a council with a population less than 30,000. I’m looking forward to people in the suburbs trying to vote for Basil only to be told they can’t when the local government elections start up. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

All the candidates are there. I just mentioned the ones of note.

1 Like

Promo

Caps

2 Likes

Set up looks very bare.

1 Like

City of Perth is one of the smallest capital city local governments in Australia. If this was for City of Brisbane, which is a metro wide council then I’d understand the reason for running a TV debate.

2 Likes

It’s a great exercise in local content. ABC would have done this years ago.

Also, despite the small area and population you can’t deny that CBD councils have enormous influence. Plus given the shit surrounding Perth Council over the years, extra scrutiny is warranted.

Coverage makes total sense to me - wish more networks would do it for other cities.

7 Likes

Season final is on Monday 16 November.

3 Likes

With Perth the only state having a Seven Network current affairs show, would anyone else like to see a local version of Flashpoint rolled out in each market?

I’m confident the work Seven puts into Perth is a key reason for the city’s loyalty to the network. It is great they are able give back through Telethon and Flashpoint which hopefully will return next year.

3 Likes

From my understanding its a paid presentation. Seven put very little into it.

5 Likes

paid

BJT2 is on the money, it only exists to directly promote The West Australian print / online.

4 Likes

Flashpoint returning in March, as seen on the ticker during Perth’s 4pm news today.

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 7.35.02 pm

4 Likes

Returns Monday 1 March at 09:00 PM

1 Like