Flash

Foxtel’s total paid subscribers was sitting at 4.3 million, with Kayo and Binge partially offsetting lower residential broadcast subscribers which had dropped from 1.711 million last year to 1.522 million in the third quarter.

The remaining subscribers were split over Kayo, with 1.151 million paying, Binge, 1.212 million paying, Foxtel Now, with 206,000 paying. Flash, the newest streaming service appears to only have 7000 paying subscribers, after launching last October.

Oof - Flash’s days are numbered if the service can’t find a way to significantly grow its userbase. It probably should start being included as part of a News Corp newspaper subscription. Also surprised that bundles and/or discounted subscriptions aren’t available to people who want to subscribe to more than one of the Streamotion/Foxtel SVOD services (ie; Kayo, Binge & Flash).

2 Likes

I’m sure someone will be happy to hear this.

I got this email recently:

(and then the code which I obviously won’t show)

1 Like

Also difficult to find it on most TVs and devises. Another reason uptake has been poor.

2 Likes

Is Flash on Samsung TVs?

No… not at this stage.

1 Like

This is my biggest issue with it. I can easily get Kayo and Binge on the TV and I watch them a lot but I can’t easily get Flash so I don’t watch it much. I would like to be able to easily have a way to flick on CNN or the Weather Channel etc…

As someone mentioned earlier - a bundle option would be great too.

2 Likes

Ticker News, now streaming on Flash.

2 Likes

They carry GB News and not TalkTV? Odd.

They’ve added Newsmax to Fash (I mean Flash) too

4 Likes

After my whinging in May, I noticed sometime in July that there was a Flash app on Android TV’s now, similar to the existing Kayo and Binge ones. At least it’s finally there and I can use it to easily watch things now when I want.

1 Like

christ

1 Like

As posted in The Project thread, Georgie Tunny has quit Flash to be a permanent member of 10’s news show.

Georgie only joined Flash from the ABC in October last year so her stay was not that long.

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere.

But TRT is now on Flash

1 Like

ACMA pulled it off linear TV due to TRT world not meeting captioning requirements

2 Likes

According to Mediaweek, Piers Morgan Uncensored is only available on Flash from Tuesday to Friday this week, due to Sky News Australia’s live coverage of the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.

1 Like

Does Flash have live channels like Kayo?

Yeah. They’re all live news channels with shows and bulletins uploaded if you want to watch later.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like