Five Bedrooms

Finally had the chance to finish this season on TenPlay.

Fingers crossed for a second season being commissioned. Ten could maybe even look at commissioning 2 further seasons at 8 episodes each and spread them over the ratings year in 2020. I have told many epople about the show , generally finding they also love it, and surprisingly have not yet heard any negative reviews.

The casting did not grab me upfront, but by the end of the season I thought each actor was perfectly suited to the role, each bringing a multifaceted approach. Even the supporting characters.

3 Likes

Hadn’t watched this as I was out of the country. Just catching up on it today trying to get over the jet lag. I can’t believe how good this really is. Fantastic show and I can’t believe it hasn’t been renewed yet.

6 Likes

Renewed for a second season as announced at 10’s upfronts this morning.

7 Likes

Good news.

4 Likes

Glad this has finally been confirmed. Such a good show with an amazing cast. Doris Younane deserves a lot more recognition than she’s received in the past because she is brilliant.

8 Likes

You can also see Doris in Frayed starting next week.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Five Bedrooms returns for season two

High fives, three cheers and one beloved Aussie drama. Channel 10 and Screen Australia are delighted to announce that Five Bedrooms is returning to television screens in 2020.

The romantic comedy series that captured the hearts of viewers will continue to tell the tale of five unlikely allies in life and everyone’s favourite housemates Liz (Kat Stewart), Ben (Stephen Peacocke), Heather (Doris Younane), Ainsley (Katie Robertson) and Harry (Roy Joseph).

Having lost their first communal home at auction, this surrogate family is once again looking to leap into the property market, believing they have been tested and prevailed as a motley collective.

But there are still so many questions they’re yet to face, or come close to answering. What happens if they can’t find a house that matches their needs? What happens if one of them meets their soulmate in an external person? Will the house cope with a new dynamic? What happens if there’s a break-up…? And is this quintet remotely qualified to have a baby in their midst?

Channel 10, Head Of Drama, Rick Maier said: “I’m happy to say this was an emphatic YES from everyone involved. We love this show, the key creatives and especially this exceptional cast.”

Hoodlum Executive Producers, Nathan Mayfield and Tracey Robertson said: “We have been overwhelmed by the love and support this show has received both here in Australia and around the world. It’s a simple validation of great writing, great creatives and a stellar cast that we get to bring Five Bedrooms back for Season 2!”

Screen Australia’s Head of Content, Sally Caplan said: “It’s always a special moment when audiences connect with one character, let alone five of them as we saw with Five Bedrooms season one. We’re thrilled to support the second season of this captivating, funny and heart-felt series.”

Five Bedrooms stars a superb ensemble cast including Kat Stewart, Stephen Peacocke, Doris Younane, Katie Robertson, Roy Joseph and Hugh Sheridan.

Five Bedrooms is a Hoodlum Production for Channel 10. Major production investment from Screen Australia. Developed and produced with the assistance of Film Victoria. Formerly distributed by Sky Vision, all sales will now be conducted by NBCUniversal Global Distribution.

Note the new international distributor after Comcast (parent of NBCUniversal) bought Sky UK and absorbed the latter’s distribution arm Sky Vision.

1 Like

I hate it how we hardly ever get an episode count in this country. Here’s hoping for 13 instead of the typical 8 we get these days.

2 Likes

Filming is due to get underway in Melbourne in February, expected to pick up from where the series concluded with the sale of the rental house. But there will be changes in season 2.

“That house is not available,” says (Doris) Younane.

“Which is why they wrote that in. They were protecting themselves,” adds (Roy) Joseph.

2 Likes

I don’t mind short sharp seasons. Allows for tight story telling.
That said, Five Bedrooms definitely felt like it could have had an extra few episodes, the 8 went by so quickly.

1 Like

8 Episodes work well.

10 should look at commsionning 2 seasons at once and film them back to back with 2 story arc’s. Even airing them both within the same year. I think the last time they gave a two season order was Wonderland and that would have been rather costly.

Doris Younane made an unusual appearance at Melbourne Cup yesterday.

She said season two would start filming in January.

Recycled her 80s sun visor?

Good luck air-kissing in that visor!

Great hair, great outfit but that visor…nooo.

Five Bedrooms has been commissioned for a second season right? I am just asking because I was listening to someone and they were baffled why ten hadn’t commissioned a new season so was unsure what they meant.

If you just scrolled back six messages, you would have seen that filming is scheduled to begin in Fabruary. :wink:

I did and noticed it. I am only asking because I said this:

Hugh Sheridan is going to be a busy bee!
Back to the Rafters in Jan and then Five Bedrooms in Feb